Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag removal)

After surgery questions... sulfadiazine?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag remova

Postby mike1971 » 15 Jul 2018, 17:39

Are u having spasm pains after bowel movements?
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Da_butt_tho » 15 Jul 2018, 20:31

Sometimes. I’ve been trying to immediately soak afterwards... and I’ve been prescribed Valium for spasms- although I’ve started breaking them in half (just today) as I read Valium can be constipating as well?
Da_butt_tho
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby mike1971 » 15 Jul 2018, 20:36

Yes try to go easy on them you don't want to get backed up. I'm actually going on 3.5 days now without a bm. Getting really concerned. On some antidepressants lately that I think are really constipation me. Also haven't been to strict with my fiber intake these last 3 or 4 days and I'm paying for it now.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Sarah8818 » 16 Jul 2018, 07:15

Hi all
So I have given in and had lis surgery done on Friday 13th and fissure was cleaned out. I’m in bits! I have come up with a large red lump to the left hand side on anal opening is this normal! Any advice on healing quicker would be appreciated as on day 3 of bed rest!
Sarah8818
Fibre Addict

Postby PreggoAF » 16 Jul 2018, 10:22

Hi, just wanted to connect with you to compare recoveries because it looks like we had surgery around the same time (Mine was on the 11th.) I didn’t have a fissurectomy though but I did have 4 internal hemorrhoids banded. I’ve had a pretty painful recovery so far and it’s been surprising because my surgeon said it wouldn’t cause me too much pain. Today was the first day I haven’t used anything other than Tylenol and ibuprofen but I’m almost ready to crack after having my second bowel movement of the morning. For some reason I can’t seem to relax enough to get everything out the first time and it’s super annoying. How are you doing?
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Sarah8818 » 16 Jul 2018, 10:38

Mine was a sphincterectomy and clean out x have you come up with the painful red swelling as well? I’m getting quite a lot of leakage today, when I say leakage I mean it’s seems to be weaping. I live off movicol and stool softeners tablets and have hAd about 3 bowel movements. First one was the absolute worst and after bath didn’t touch the pain all I could do was rock and make funny noises. Surgeon said most people say it’s a bearable pAin having suffered with fissures for years but I disagree at times it’s been worse.
Maybe try sitting in the bath and going, not ideal but anything to relax?
I’ve got a wedding that I’m bridesmaid for on Friday? I’m not hopeful at all xx
Sarah8818
Fibre Addict

Postby PreggoAF » 16 Jul 2018, 13:26

Sarah, I legit have a swollen pink mass that is like enormous. It is HUGE! My mom’s a nurse and has taken a look twice and doesn’t think it looks infected. She said it looks like an enormous hemorrhoid. Like you I have two little ones (3 yrs old and 3 months old), and I’ve placed a great deal of care taking burden on my parents because I can still barely move after a bowel movement. I do believe that in time this will work, but I must be one of the unlucky people that have a long painful recovery from LIS. Keep us updated!
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby PreggoAF » 16 Jul 2018, 13:29

Also, I find this recovery to be worse than the fissure as well! I keep wondering if the surgeon messed up the operation somehow, although he’s supposed to be very good.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Sarah8818 » 16 Jul 2018, 15:13

Anal fissures are hideous things. I’d rather do drug free child birth again than ever suffer again like I have. The spasms are out of this world painful and In all honesty ruined my life. Like you I have a 3 year old and a 7 month old and it’s been like living a nightmare trying to look after them whilst suffering. Thankfully hubby is now off work and doing the child care whilst I try and recover from surgery but he goes away 29th July for 4 months with work so I really hope this recovery is quicker than it seems to be so far. I think I didn’t expect it to be like this at all. Yes my lump is huge too and that’s what seems to be hurting more than anything it’s just so painful and swollen. Are you in the uk? When is your next check up. I had Botox before this and that was a shit time too sadly just for it not to work. Hopefully we will be on the mend real soon xx
Sarah8818
Fibre Addict

Postby Sarah8818 » 16 Jul 2018, 15:15

are you weaping and personally question do you find it hard to clean yourself up too? X
Sarah8818
Fibre Addict