LIS Recovery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS Recovery

Postby jack_attack29 » 26 Jun 2018, 20:14

Thanks! I am still taking miralax in the evening because when I tried fiber rich foods and lots of water on its own, my BMs were soft, but large. When I bled last week I went four times that day and had gone multiple times the day before, which hadn’t happened in months!

Someone on here mentioned taking recovery week by week instead of day by day. I’ve been trying to remember that perspective!
jack_attack29
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 26 Jun 2018, 23:32

Your welcome I hope you have a speedy recovery stay positive.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 10 Jul 2018, 13:08

Jack attack, your comment about taking things week by week instead of day by day has really helped me. Thank you!
Deleted User 7114

Postby jack_attack29 » 10 Jul 2018, 19:39

So glad to hear it!

I have a 6 week check up on Friday. At my two week checkup the doctor said I should be healed, but I think because I’ve bled a few times (retore?) I don’t think I am. I can see the tear still. My incision and skin tag have healed up rather nicely though. I still can’t workout without feeling pain, but sitting is now comfortable and walking doesn’t irritate it either, progress!
jack_attack29
Fibre Addict

Postby jack_attack29 » 13 Jul 2018, 20:13

Update!

I had a follow-up with my doctor and unfortunately I have an infection. This week my butt was sore, but I thought it was due to me bleeding after a BM this week. I also thought I had been leaking, which I thought was normal due to the muscle being cut during the surgery. Well, I was leaking, but it was puss :(

My doctor said he had never seen someone get infected this late in recovery. I take a sitz bath and use a tucks pad every time I go to the bathroom, but the doctor said it can happen even if you clean it regularly. Such a bummer!

He had to squeeze the puss out (horrible experience!) and told me to come back in two weeks. If the pain gets worse I need to come back in immediately.

I haven’t found a post in here about infection, but I’m going to keep looking.
jack_attack29
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 24 Jul 2018, 20:43

How are you now? Past the infection?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby jack_attack29 » 24 Jul 2018, 20:47

Sadly I had to have surgery last Friday. I had a rental abscess. They opened the fissure and drained it. I can already sit, so that’s an improvement from the last surgery, but my BMs are very intense because they left the wound open to heal. It takes a few hours for the pain to subside after I go to the bathroom. I go back next Monday for my post op follow-up. I am hoping for good news!
jack_attack29
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 24 Jul 2018, 20:58

Sounds good already it must have been the abscess that paused your healing last time now that's sorted you should be fine from here on out if I was you i would be putting a barrier cream like Zink cream on the fissure an incision site before every bm it will help protect them from the bm so it doesnt scratch or leave bm in or on the wounds good luck buddy your doing great.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Sarah8818 » 25 Jul 2018, 17:09

Was you infection on the fissure or the lis site? I’ve been told today I’ve got infection on lis site and leaking puss :(
Sarah8818
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby jack_attack29 » 25 Jul 2018, 17:12

My infection was on the actual fissure, not the lis site, which the doctor thought was odd. Do you know if you caught it early? Has the doctor mentioned next steps? I had to have surgery because the infection wasn’t caught soon enough.
jack_attack29
Fibre Addict