LIS Recovery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS Recovery

Postby jack_attack29 » 29 Jul 2018, 17:26

My doctor “drained” the infection and put me on antibiotics. Has this been mentioned to you as an option?

Our infections are different, since my infection is in the actual fissure. Maybe surgery isn’t an option if it’s the LIS site that’s infected.

I’m so sorry you are going through this!
jack_attack29
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby JaiShriRam » 29 Jul 2018, 17:26

Hi Sarah, I am hurt by seeing the pain you are in. I will pray to my dearest Lord to take you out of it ! No one should go through so much .... For the infection, in India we have an age old method to aid internal healing. Try it if you like. It won't harm you in any way. Take 2 table spoons of natural turmeric powder and add 1 table spoon of natural honey. Add warm water to this and drink 3 times a day. Honey and Turmeric are natural antibiotics and antiinflammatories... It will assist you in keeping away the bad effects of heavy allopathy medicines and promote faster healing.
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby mike1971 » 29 Jul 2018, 18:32

Wow I just tried that it was pretty bitter with 2 tablespoons of turmeric and kinda sweet with a full tablespoon of honey.

I couldn't drink it all and my stomach kinda hurt afterwards.

I don't think I can drink this 3 times a day.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby JaiShriRam » 29 Jul 2018, 18:35

Hi Mike, not sure why it hurt the stomach. It should sooth infact. May be our bodies are wired differently across the continents :-) but I wish something works for you soon and you feel good quickly...
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Postby Sarah8818 » 30 Jul 2018, 05:31

Thanks so much for help and advise I shall try it. In a lot of pain today :-( thinking of going back to docs. He’s just put me on two lots of antibiotics mike and said nothing to drain as yet but why am I still in pain. I’m on day 5 of The amoxiclav and day 4 of the Flagyl. Butt still all lumpy and swollen, don’t know if it the diarrhoea agravating it or just the infection. Fed up
Sarah8818
Fibre Addict

Postby mike1971 » 30 Jul 2018, 08:14

Sarah if it's swollen lumpy red and painful goto your doctor or local ER and have them look at it. If it's an infection I wouldn't rely on the antibiotics alone!
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby JaiShriRam » 31 Jul 2018, 08:09

Hi Guys, just wanted to ask you guys if any one has had issues with lot of blood during BM when prescribed Flagyl (Metridonazole) ???
I was prescribed yesterday morning by my CRS out of the blue during my 1st follow up post-op. I have taken just 2 doses and my BMs have been a blood bath. Sorry for being gory but I am worried ... Is this normal ? I am taking ibuprofen 400 also....
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Postby Sarah8818 » 31 Jul 2018, 08:18

Hey I didn’t have this problem it just gave me other side effects and diarrhoea every time I tried to eat. I went to docs again this morning, and been sent up the hospital again! Joys! Contact them again if you are not happy x
Sarah8818
Fibre Addict

Postby JaiShriRam » 01 Aug 2018, 10:14

Guess what, it was Flagyl that was causing the severe bleeding during BMs. I skipped a dose yesterday and I saw no trace of blood today. Now I need to ask my doc if I need a substitute to Flagyl coz I don't wanna end up with an infection in absence of an antibiotic. Anyways, were any of you prescribed antibiotics as a preventative step post surgery ?
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 01 Aug 2018, 16:14

My two cents I WOULD NEVER TAKE ANTIBIOTICS AS A PREVENTATIVE!! For anything ever
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37