LIS Recovery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS Recovery

Postby JaiShriRam » 08 Aug 2018, 06:03

Hi, I am on my day 14 post LIS and I still have a little bit of stool leakage on the gauze. Have any of you experienced this ??? Does this get better ??? Really worried.
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Sarah8818 » 08 Aug 2018, 11:06

I’m 3 weeks and I’m the same, I find I go to the loo, have a bath, clean myself up and then go to the loo half hour later or so and re wipe! I hate it! I’d like to know too if it gets better?
Sarah8818
Fibre Addict

Postby mike1971 » 08 Aug 2018, 11:56

Hi all I didn't have LIS but I did have a fistulotomy 10 weeks ago. Still dealing with discomfort and trying to sit for long periods but the pain and spasms have subsided somewhat.

I too had some leakage ( and still do to some extent) after a bm. It has since gotten better as well from about the 6 week mark.

I think whenever the muscular tone of the sphincter muscles become compromised to some extent (such as from surgery) there will be some issues to deal with when it comes to these things.

I would think that there are others who ate experiencing or have experienced such but prefer not to talk about it.

It quite likely may take months as opposed to weeks to regain muscular tone back.

I know it's not a pleasant thing to deal with. Let's not lose hope.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby JaiShriRam » 08 Aug 2018, 20:17

Thanks for the replies Sarah and Mike. I called up my CRS and checked with him on this. He said "it's just particles. Don't worry about it. It may eventually stop". So I asked him how long do I need to stuff a gauze pad up there for this and he said probably a month. So I did not get any definitive answer but I guess I am stuck with the pads and gauze for a month now. M doing the pelvic kegel exercises to increase the external sphincter strength coz I think that's the only way forward, the damn internal sphincter is anyways beyond our control !
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 23 Aug 2018, 23:01

Sarah how did you fare? Is the swelling gone down?
Deleted User 7275