Update on how you people are doing?

Love to hear how everyone is!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Update on how you people are doing?

Postby SueMac » 13 May 2019, 05:43

Mama and ouchie- thanks for your feedback. It makes a big difference to not feel alone with this ongoing healing process. The fact others have healed makes a big difference too. I am having a bit of respite at the moment so maybe I am finally healing. I’m scared it will restart though.
Good to know you are out there with your support.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby Bloodybum » 13 May 2019, 09:38

I'm in a similar boat. I went to the doctor for it over two months ago. It seemed to improve noticeably after about 3 weeks, but has more or less plateued since then. Just yesterday I had spasms on and off all day until about 6pm. It's taking a toll on my health because I can't properly exercise without triggering spasms. It controls what I eat, it means I can't leave the house for more than about 6 hours at a time because I have to take all these stupid baths. Some days I'm mostly pain free, but others I just lay on the couch with brief forays into activity for as long as my butt hole will let me. I have taken so much time off work over the last two months, I'm worried about running out of sick leave. My marraige is suffering because I have the mobility of a grandparent, I'm cranky, and I can't live life normally and help out around the house properly. I want the surgery I am so damn sick of this I want my life back. I have a Dr appointment on the 23rd and plan to ask for the surgery.
Bloodybum
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Abu » 13 May 2019, 10:31

Hey Bb, I totally agree with you, this is no life and in your situation I would ask for the LIS as well. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. I wish you get relief soon.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby SueMac » 13 May 2019, 11:30

Yes keep us posted bloodybum. I know what you mean about relationships - my husband is sooo tired of hearing of it and actually he's been so patient really. You can't talk to friends, I get irritable and short tempered with my kids. It just takes over.
The fact you have pain free days could mean you are slowly healing I would think but yes as Abu suggests - go back and ask for more help.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby Bloodybum » 13 May 2019, 15:58

Thanks for letting me vent a bit, haha. I agree Sue Mac, things do seem to have gotten better over time, but it's almost imperceptible and I feel like this could drag on indefinitely. And I know what you mean about not being able to talk about it. I feel like when I get all cagey and refer to my "digestive issues" when explaining why I'm unavailable for something it's like I'm responsible for classified material lol.

I'll keep you all posted. This site and everyone's stories, experiences and support are an asset for anyone on this situation. Heal baby heal!
Bloodybum
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby SueMac » 14 May 2019, 14:23

It's tough isnt it but talking about it helps so much
SueMac
Fissureologist