My Botox Diary

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: My Botox Diary

Postby missy moo » 26 Jun 2019, 14:59

It was a year after the first lot bit they dropped the ball they were supposed to book me in earlier but no one contacted me an here I was waiting for a call about my next appointment but then I rang them and they apologised and pushed me ahead in the line and I got it done 4 weeks later my surgeon never cleaned out my fissure. How long have you had your fissure for
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Katie123 » 27 Jun 2019, 03:09

Oh you poor thing that’s awful sat at home in pain waiting for the call.
I’ve had it for 5 months now it came a week after the birth of my baby. I literally cry every day. The pain after bm’s Is just excruciating and lasts around 6 hours. I’ve tried everything so really hoping this starts working soon. The surgeon has already said the risk having LIS is higher in women and even higher if you’ve had children.
The problem is in 2 weeks we go away for 5 weeks so it’s going to be a long wait for my help
Katie123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 27 Jun 2019, 03:49

Katie my fissure started not long after I gave birth to my first baby aswel an that was 6 years ago. So you had Botox a week ago and they put in 70 units? In another week you should be feeling the effects of the Botox. Just think positive give it time and try to have soft bms everyday. Try taking magnesium citrate and vitamin C powder every night before bed on an empty stomach. That's all I'm taking and it works perfectly I had my 2nd botox for weeks ago and I'm doing really well you will tell you just need to believe it and stay positive.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Katie123 » 27 Jun 2019, 04:21

Oh missy moo you have been suffering for 6 years?? I can’t even imagine. I feel like a complete wimp now.
I’m keeping everything crossed that in another week I will feel some improvement.
It really does bring you down doesn’t. My little one is getting more and more mobile now so having sitz baths etc is pretty impossible as my husband works away so here on my own with 3 children.
Thank you so much for all your replies you have been a great help and I’m so happy you are doing well now x
Katie123
Salt Bather

Postby Vicouscycle » 27 Jun 2019, 04:43

Hi Katie, I hope you feel better before going on that trip! I’m 6 weeks out and still doing sitz bath, cream and Movicol+Coloxyl. Just had my post op follow up with the surgeon and she said another 3 week, try to ween myself off Movicol. She said don’t go cold turkey, do it slowly. A quarter at a time...I’m a bit hesitant to do so because I’ve been on half sachet of Movicol for 10 months now...
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 27 Jun 2019, 05:09

I've been on softners of some kind for 5.5 years and I feel like bms don't matter to much my fissure has flared up in the past from soft stool I am thinking mostly it's to do with relaxing being positive getting out of the fissure mindset and getting that muscle to relax whether thats from lis Botox an or mentally it's more a muscle issue and our muscles are driven by our minds we need to get the muscle to chill out so we need our minds to chill out. So far my 2nd Botox plus being positive and not thinking about the fissure I'm doing well. I use to have hard bms as a teen and never bothered me to much plus everyone i know has hard bms from time to time with no problem? So why does the odd hard BM become a life meltdown for us? Must be that muscle.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Katie123 » 27 Jun 2019, 05:28

Thank you vicouscycle. I’m glad you are doing well. I manage two sitz baths a day taking stool softeners but haven’t used any cream since surgery. He actually didn’t mention it. Is it a cream with lidocaine in it? Maybe I will give it a go for a week.
Katie123
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 27 Jun 2019, 05:33

Katie just so you can compare I didn't do any baths or creams since my Botox my surgeon actually said to not use anything just drink water and eat healthy and that's all I've done plus magnesium citrate and vit C powder before bed on an empty stomach every night.
Last edited by missy moo on 27 Jun 2019, 06:59, edited 2 times in total.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Vicouscycle » 27 Jun 2019, 05:38

I agree with you Missy. I’ve noticed That as well, it flares up when I’m stressed or about to have my period. Sadly there is no effective way to avoid that. I guess it is sometimes a mind game.

Katie, I use Nifedipine+lidocaine. I had very bad swelling and pain after Botox and the nurse told me to use the cream and also sitz bath. When I saw my surgeon this week, she also said to continue with the cream for at least another 3 weeks. I’ll stick with that for the moment.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 27 Jun 2019, 07:03

Mine fissure has always mainly flared right before my period so pms is a big one I'm currently looking into 5hpt and kanna it's for anxiety and also helps with pms (before period symptoms)
missy moo
King Fissure