My Botox Diary

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: My Botox Diary

Postby Vicouscycle » 04 Jul 2019, 02:57

Hi Katie,

I’m sorry you had a setback too today. I’m definitely feeling the tear, minimal spasm but just some pain throughout the day. It’s end of the day now and I’m still feeling it. I will drink some prune juice tonight along with Movicol and Coloxyl and see how I go tomorrow.
What about you?
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Katie123 » 04 Jul 2019, 03:03

So pleased the spasms aren’t too bad for you. So it’s still morning here in France so still kind of waiting and seeing the effect. There is slight spasm at the moment and burning sensation. It’s jist so sickening isn’t it. Let’s just prey it’s a little set back and we will get our lives back soon
Katie123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Vicouscycle » 04 Jul 2019, 03:52

I’m hoping for that too. Last month it happened on the 30th, 6 days prior to my period. This month again! During the week leading up to my period...does it happen to you as well?
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie123 » 04 Jul 2019, 04:03

Well my baby is 5 months and I had the marina coil fitted when he was 2 months old. That’s still settling so I randomly bleed and we’ll that’s what’s happened this morning and I really have noticed the worst days of my fissures I always bleed that day so it must be linked. I’m really hoping the coil settles soon because it really seems to set me back every time I bleed. I had the coil after my second child for 10 years and didn’t have periods at all so fingers crossed that will happen again at some point and I can finally try and heal this horrible thing! I have a follow up appointment on the 17th in between holidays so will see what he suggests if there’s no improvement, maybe another dose of Botox. I’m scared of the LIS because the risk is higher in women and even higher if you’ve had a natural birth.....I e had 3!!
Katie123
Salt Bather

Postby Vicouscycle » 04 Jul 2019, 04:22

It must be hard dealing with this evil thing while having a baby to care for.
I asked my surgeon about second Botox and she said she won’t do it until 4 months after the first dose. I guess i’ll Just need to manage it and hope for the best. We are hoping to start a family soon and this has really had an impact on our plan. I’m worried pregnancy would make this whole thing worse due to pregnancy constipation and other issues.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie123 » 04 Jul 2019, 05:26

Oh my goodness you must just want this over and done with so you can start a family!! To be honest I never had any problem with my first two and have never suffered with constipation. I literally had one hard bowel movement when my baby was about 5 days old and got a fissure. So I can’t really help with advise on having one whilst being pregnant unfortunately. I imagine with extra weight pressure there it could be bothersome ..........it’s so miserable isn’t it. How long have you been suffering. Do you think you might go for the LIS??
Katie123
Salt Bather

Postby Vicouscycle » 06 Jul 2019, 14:04

It happened last August. I was very constipated from an antibiotics. I strained about at least 30 mins, it was like giving birth to a big poo...sorry for the detail! Then it just never healed.
I’ve thought about LIS, especially when it was really bad this March. I think I’ll do it if Botox doesn’t heal this thing.
How have you been last two days?
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie123 » 06 Jul 2019, 15:10

Oh no you poor thing. God it’s horrible you’ve been suffering for nearly a year now.
The last two days have been ummmmmm I don’t really know. Still having the spasms but not as bad. Leaving for our holiday tomorrow so everything crossed I can enjoy it.
How are you feeling?
Katie123
Salt Bather

Postby Vicouscycle » 06 Jul 2019, 16:05

It was definitely a setback on 4th July, and blood on 4-6th July. I’ve added more Movicol on the 4th which made me go 3x the next day...geez. Today has been better, but I’ve got an incomplete feeling, hoping tmr I won’t get the hard tip and rip again.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie123 » 08 Jul 2019, 02:51

Really bad morning today. Feeling really down. On our holiday and in 9/10 pain again. Doesn’t look very successful :(
Katie123
Salt Bather