Botox Again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox Again

Postby missy moo » 01 Jul 2019, 01:55

P&h thank you. I hope the same for you too
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby SueMac » 03 Jul 2019, 05:08

Missy that's great news. keep us posted. I am doing pretty good thanks. Generally I'm getting some discomfort post bm but a lot less now and it fades away during the day. This is best I've been for over a year. I think pelvic floor therapy has helped me along with a lot of time!
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby missy moo » 17 Jul 2019, 17:02

So today marks week 7 after my second dose of Botox and today my BM had a little hard bit at the tip a tiny bit the size of a thumb nail if not smaller and it was a bit uncomfortable the rest of the BM was perfect and soft but while wiping there it was blood from my fissure so buy to square one? After 7 weeks I'm thinking I haven't got time to heal all over again surely the Botox is due to wear off or maybe this is a sign that it has worn off! This little bit of stool should not make anyone bleed or year anything it's was a small pathetic bit of stool that my overly tight and sensitive sphincter muscle a d or skin just couldn't handle!! Normal bums handle big and or hard bms from time to time I'm over it we can control ever single BM for the rest of our lives so what do we do lis? Only answer?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Okaybum » 17 Jul 2019, 19:43

I wish I could help. I know the people who have had the lis surgery are all happily loving their lives now. I'm scared that my Botox has just made things worse and was waste of time but it's hard to say as I had hems removed
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Okaybum » 17 Jul 2019, 19:44

Meant to say living but loving works too lol
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby berzerker5220 » 17 Jul 2019, 20:16

Why do you still need LIS if Botux does the same thing by paralyzing the sphincter muscle?

Also how does the Botux feel? do you still get problems sitting on car seats and stuff with Botux? I could feel my fissure being ripped up by anal canal pressure. Imagine if its possible to stop the pressure how amazing it would feel
berzerker5220
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby missy moo » 17 Jul 2019, 20:43

Okaybum how are you doing? how many Botox have you had? I'm scared of lis too but I'm more scared of having a fissure for the rest of my life I'm only 30.

Berzerker5
So it goes like this the creams work to relax the muscles for a few hours that's why we need to use them 3 times a day then the Botox relaxes the muscle for 1-6 months going by what I've heard from many people, and lis is more permanent but alot of the muscles strength is regained around the 1 year mark but your muscle will be weakened to a degree for ever. If you've always had fissures on an off during your life chances are you have a high resting pressure (overly tight muscle) and will need lis to be a long term fix and I'm thinking I need lis but hoping I don't have to.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Okaybum » 17 Jul 2019, 21:01

I'm day 10 post op. This is my first go on Botox. I've had a few bad bouts with diarrhea and gas and after it's been sore. Mostly fine during BM but immediately after I get burning and then some sharp pains 30 mins later. This has only started occurring in the last 3 days, maybe from tensing the muscle, running to the toilet. I don't know. It sounds like hem banding and all that can take 2-4 weeks to feel better. I go back to work on Monday. Hopefully it will get better
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 18 Jul 2019, 00:52

Just had my second BM of the day which I felt discomfort during and after plus itching pressure an irrigation afterwards the stool was absolutely perfect, I'm so let down I just can't help think that creams and Botox are short term and lis is long-term I'm going to see my doctor next week when my son is back at school. I want to get my tone tested, I think my resting pressure is too high and if it is I'm likely going to pay $10 thousand NZD to have lis done privately. I feel like the Botox has worn off I feel tight an pressure like the muscle has closed off kind of pressure. We'll see how tomorrow goes
Last edited by missy moo on 18 Jul 2019, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby berzerker5220 » 18 Jul 2019, 04:56

missy moo wrote:Okaybum how are you doing? how many Botox have you had? I'm scared of lis too but I'm more scared of having a fissure for the rest of my life I'm only 30.

Berzerker5
So it goes like this the creams work to relax the muscles for a few hours that's why we need to use them 3 times a day then the Botox relaxes the muscle for 1-6 months going by what I've heard from many people, and lis is more permanent but alot of the muscles strength is regained around the 1 year mark but your muscle will be weakened to a degree for ever. If you've always had fissures on an off during your life chances are you have a high resting pressure (overly tight muscle) and will need lis to be a long term fix and I'm thinking I need lis but hoping I don't have to.

Ooh I see

yeah I first had a fissure from overeating peanuts combined with bar b que etc. Then it continued to come and go but through my own fault for over eating sharp foods like nuts again, this last one was a result from eating too much fried flour with smoke herring etc and then eating too much junk food. Then lack of water combined was a recipe for disaster I got constipated badly and forced it and that is how I got this.

So maybe I probably don't need LIS, I had this fissure 5 months now and it has gotten better by about 50% or more in the last month using the Nitro cream. It is having a lot of problems getting better from the 50% mark so I am thinking perhaps Botux will work for me in my case well I am hoping anyways.

I just need to find a doctor to do it.

Since I only used Nitro 0.2% I am thinking of either getting 0.4% now or nifedipine 0.5%
berzerker5220
Salt Bather

Topics: 11