Any successful fissurectomy Botox success stories?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Any successful fissurectomy Botox success stories?

Postby paige33 » 23 Sep 2022, 11:30

I am scheduled for a fissurectomy and Botox next month. Reading the experiences here make me want to cancel the procedure. I have had issues for a long time, but lately they have been worse. I would now and again see blood when I went to the bathroom, but there wasn’t always pain or pain after. The last year is when there was significant pain at times, and even fisafter. I was going to doctor who basically said just eat more fiber, but that didn’t really help, so after a few months I went and got another opinion. I have fissure with scar tissue, which also developed a fistula under it. Every now and then I see a small amount of puss discharge. The new doctor recommended the fissurectomy with Botox to clean up the scar tissue and let the fissure heal. He stated 1-2 weeks out of work, I am hoping I can go back after a week, however reading these experiences, it sounds like a nightmare. Has a ad be had these procedure and got back to life quickly?
paige33
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Any successful fissurectomy Botox success stories?

Postby Painpleasego » 25 Sep 2022, 08:29

Hi I have had this 3 days ago. Day 3 pain was bad going to toilet this morning, I had morphine and ibuprofen after. I feel ok at the moment tho. I think it may just be painful with each bowel movement for a while. Hoping eases each day. Will keep u posted or post a diary on here of how I'm recovering
Painpleasego
Fibre Addict

Postby Painpleasego » 26 Sep 2022, 04:11

I am on day 4 and it still hurt to go to the toilet today but feeling alot better :-)
Painpleasego
Fibre Addict

Postby paige33 » 27 Sep 2022, 07:30

How bad is the pain after, and how long does it last? Can you continue with daily activities after? Or are you stuck in bed all day?
paige33
Fibre Addict

Postby Painpleasego » 27 Sep 2022, 12:36

The first 3 days the pain was pretty bad i was in bed most the dayand struggled walking round. This is day 5 I have been working from home and did not have tonlie down after bowel movements for the first time. Have had ibuprofen tho. I do still have some discomfort tho and am doing regular sitz baths. Not driven yet and been out to the shops as luckily have family helping with my kids. If I had to I could manage to do the school run but trying to take it easy. I would struggle to drive far. I've cooked and done basics like washing etc. It is getting better hoping for more improvement tomorrow
Painpleasego
Fibre Addict

Postby paige33 » 30 Sep 2022, 06:07

How is going? Less than a week for me.
paige33
Fibre Addict

Postby Painpleasego » 01 Oct 2022, 04:07

Hi its now day 9 post surgery and feeling alot better than I thought I would. Still discomfort but manageable. Managed to work from home all week but took it easy. This week I'm going to be out and about more. I'm feeling quite positive now. I read some bad stories about pain after and it has not been as bad as I had imagined. The first 3 days were really bad but since then feels like I'm improving. I take lactulose twice a day which has helped regular bowel movement. Yesterday it hurt more as quite large so I'm trying to eat small portions and lots of fruit n veg still. Can't wait to be able to eat what I like. How are you feeling about yours?
Painpleasego
Fibre Addict

Postby paige33 » 02 Oct 2022, 11:15

In he read those same stories which has me pretty nervous. I can’t work from home with my job, so hopefully I don’t have to take a lot of time off. I take Metamucil now, so will continue with that, and I imagine they will tell me to take a stool softener as well. We’re you able to do anything for the first three days? Is the pain constant for those three days or does it come and go?
paige33
Fibre Addict

Postby paige33 » 02 Oct 2022, 11:52

Also did you have a fistula too,
paige33
Fibre Addict

Postby Painpleasego » 02 Oct 2022, 14:45

The first three days for me i was pretty much in bed. Did more by evening. I did not have a fistula no. I would say it was most of the day after bowel movement the pain initially. Its just such a horrible problem im hoping this week I am recovered more I am back out working from Tuesday
Painpleasego
Fibre Addict