Any successful fissurectomy Botox success stories?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Any successful fissurectomy Botox success stories?

Postby Painpleasego » 03 Dec 2022, 05:56

Strange as I had a tiny bit of blood again this week. But he said that it is fully healed. I guess it is prone to it but im just thankful for now not to be in pain my worry was pain would come back when botox wears off... I'm about 10 weeks post op now... he said it should keep getting better with time and go back to gp if have any pain
Painpleasego
Fibre Addict

Postby paige33 » 14 Dec 2022, 08:37

I was just good for two weeks, and now this morning there was a good amount of blood both times I went. I thought I was in good shape, not sure why there is blood today though, I wasn’t constipated or any thing like that. Hopping it’s just part of the healing process, and the two weeks I was good now lasts even longer. There is. I pain with it so that’s good I guess, just frustrating at this point.
paige33
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby paige33 » 20 Dec 2022, 20:52

Question, have you had any feeling like a vibration or buzzing feeling? I just had it today, it’s not like the spasms I have had in the past, it’s not painful at all, but annoying. Wondering if that’s the Botox wearing off, or something else..
paige33
Fibre Addict

Postby Oldfordlover » 01 Jan 2023, 12:21

Hi how are you doing now? I have the same fissure that turned fistula and they want to remove it and do the botox also. Just wondering if it's working out for you.
Oldfordlover
Fibre Addict

Postby paige33 » 04 Jan 2023, 07:54

It’s been almost 12 weeks since my surgery, I do still bleed now and then, doctor said some people just take more time to heel, however there is no pain. Last week I did have more than usual so I have been taking a stool softener at night. Most of the time when I do see the blood it’s a very tiny amount, almost what a scab would produce. While it’s frustrating to still see it from time to time, it’s much better than before surgery.
paige33
Fibre Addict

Postby Oldfordlover » 04 Jan 2023, 13:09

OK thanks for the reply. Did you have pain from the fissure/fistula like when walking or exercising? I am and for many hrs after a movement. I also have prostitus and uts really acting that up also so not sure if that is the main cause of the pain.
Oldfordlover
Fibre Addict

Postby Painpleasego » 16 Jan 2023, 04:10

Hi I bad fissure pain when walking ans for hours after bowel movement
Just jumped on here as although thought I was healed, had a slight bit of bleeding and tiny bit of pain. I am 4 months post op. In my follow said I was fully healed but would always be more likely to retear. I guess this is a long process and will up the stool softeners again this week.
Painpleasego
Fibre Addict