Another flaxseed question

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Another flaxseed question

Postby Jen » 12 Aug 2008, 20:54

Sorry your keloid is acting up again! It is terrible to have 2 different problems at once. I hope the injections work. Yes, I believe palpitations can be caused by stress. I had that happen to me a month ago. The fissure alone causes stress, but then you add on other issues such as family, jobs, other health problems and I am certain that is where the palpitations come from!
I think all kids must love dinosaurs - it is so darn cute! I got sick of watching the Land Before Time, so I let him watch Jurrasic Park and he loved it! My MIL was upset because the dinosaurs were eating people, so I guess I really should not let him watch it. I just ordered a BBC Documentry called walking with Dinosaurs. I just can't stomach anymore Land Before Time.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 13 Aug 2008, 07:48

That's too bad your scar and heart are giving you trouble. I bet with all the stress you are under it isn't helping at all. How many more rounds of injections do you need? Would anti-inflammatories help do you think? What about those strips they put on burn patients to help with skin regeneration?
I ordered the burn care and wound care creams from Mebo that Sadiebum had talked about from New Zealand. I plan on using it on my butt since the skin just doesn't want to heal and get strong. Maybe that would help with your scar?

Postby Jo » 14 Aug 2008, 08:06

Hey Lecia Image ,
The heart palpitations started with the steroid injections and probably have gotten worse with stress. I am trying to relax some and try to take me mind off the situation with "the office". I bought the series and some of it is so funny! What will I do when I get through the first 3 seasons...nothing left to watch! i guess season 4 is coming out in September. The olympics are great though.
The plastic surgeon told me 3-10 rounds of injections, yikes! Every 4-6 weeks. I am hoping 1 or 2 more will be enough, although the keloid is starting to grow, becoming itchy and having some pain again. It is kind of scary to get more steroids after the first dose really annoyed my heart. He did tell me I shouldn't have system wide side effects - Wrong!
Let me know if the Mebo works for you. My butt needs to heal and become strong too. I am still having bleeding, some pain and tightness. Will our butts ever be normal again or will they always be susceptible? Image
I don't think anything else will work for keloids, I've read alot about it. If anyone knows anything else, let me know. I do have a scar lotion and cortisone lotion and silicone sheets that don't seem to help much.
Hope you are doing better! :truebud:
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby cherylk » 14 Aug 2008, 10:57

Jo,
What is a keloid?
Thanks,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jo » 14 Aug 2008, 21:05

Hi Cheryl!
Here is a definition of a keloid from Wikipedia:
"A keloid is a type of scar which results in an overgrowth of tissue at the site of a healed skin injury. Keloids are firm, rubbery lesions or shiny, fibrous nodules, and can vary from pink to flesh-colored or red to dark brown in color. A keloid scar is benign, non-contagious, and usually accompanied by severe itchiness, sharp pains, and changes in texture. In severe cases, it can affect movement of skin. Keloids should not be confused with hypertrophic scars, which are raised scars that do not grow beyond the boundaries of the original wound and may reduce over time."
Unfortunately mine is about 7 inches long above my belly button down. I had surgery last summer and it has been bothering me since. Not sure why I got one this time around, I've had 3 surgeries before and they never occurred before.
I wish that was my only problem! I know things can always get worse, though, so it is not so bad.
Hope you are having a good week.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 15 Aug 2008, 08:16

I like watching the Office too, Jo. When you get done with that maybe you can get the series Arrested Development. I am watching that now and it is hilarious! Even my husband likes it and we have been watching that before we go to bed. Do you have netflix? It has been nice to get movies in the mail like that.

I wonder if hyperbariac chamber oxygen might help your scar. I have thought about that for my fissure and butt problems but it has never been used for that.

Postby Jo » 15 Aug 2008, 08:44

Hi Lecia,
I love to watch The Office, it is so funny Image (but stupid Image ). It really takes my mind off things and makes me smile :D . I haven't seen Arrested Development, I'll have to try to watch that sometime. Right now I am almost done with season 2 of the office.
Do you watch many movies? Anything good lately? Its been so busy here, haven't watched many. We bought The Office to watch something while we were in Rochester. Haven't tried netflix, do you like it?
The hyperbariac chamber sounds great, wow, it looks like they use it for lots of things. I wonder if it is even available here. Sounds like it would heal hard to heal places, like butts! Maybe it will be available in the future.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist