Travel advice please

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Travel advice please

Postby pinky » 20 Nov 2008, 17:56

pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby SunshineHope » 21 Nov 2008, 01:22

Balneol sounds like it'd be so helpful for me, but I don't think it's available in Canada. Will potentially be going down South tomorrow with a girlfriend to shop a bit (even though the exchange rate is ridiculous right now)... So I am hoping to pick some up. Hopefully it'll be at Rite-Aid because I don't know if there is a Walgreens near the Bellingham mall! I need to stock up on my Miralax too :o
I've started using diltiazem again so I will definitely need something that sooths the burn/itch. Hopefully balneol will help.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Nov 2008, 13:37

Sunshine - I hope it will help, although if Dilitazem is causing your itch, I am afraid it might not Image. But - one never knows !!!
Best of luck !!!
Pinky - what confused you ???
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby pinky » 22 Nov 2008, 18:05

Fissy-i cant see the new posts unless i post.i see someone has posted but i cant see the new post.is it happening to anyone else or is it my computer?
My sis finally found balneol.wasnt easy to find.thanks for the description.
do i use it after BMs?can i put it on tp and slide to clean?should i wash it off?
im thinking of not eating any solids and only liquids on the day of travel so that i wont have to poop in the flight or take movicol.i hope i can travel.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Nov 2008, 18:24

Sorry Pinky for your posting troubles Image - I do not have any idea what is going on "on your side" , I do not have any problems posting Image . If you describe your problem to our ADMIN team, I am sure they would know what is going on. Send the PMs.
I use B. after I wash myself after BM. I put some on Q-tip and apply it. If I am not home I put it on a TP directly and than wipe my butt once. Than take one dry TP and collect what is left of the cream on my butt. Than I repeat the process until TP comes clean and white as the snow off my butt LOL ! Do not wash it off. You have to eat something Pinky, at least have some protein shakes with fiber - you do not want to collapse somewhere alone with the baby Image. Just keep it soft. Even I went pooping in the plain before my second LIS even though I have phobia of public toilets !!! Once you go through "fissure initiation" nothing is complicated any more - all gets completely new meaning and priorities. Now I do not give a damn if anybody "is waiting" outside, or if anybody would hear anything - I just remind myself that my butt is more important than all of that Image !!!
You can do it Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby cherylk » 23 Nov 2008, 07:45

Fiss,
I think that is where I might have run into trouble with the Balneol. I left it on after using it, and I thought it was causing redness/irritation, so I stopped using it after many months.
Thought--the doctors cannot possibly know all of the nuances of butt and digestive issues that we know as I am certain they do not discuss all of the minute details that we discuss!! We should be the docs and make lots of $$$, instead of them!! (But we haven't been formally trained, so we could not dispense meds nor do surgery!!)
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2008, 07:47

Everyone is different with the balneol. It irritates my bootychops for some reason. But I have heard from others and CRSs that it really does help.
Has anyone heard of Domboro? It is used in the tub to help with butt pain. I think it has some astringent properties so probably would or could cause stinging.
If pooping when traveling is a problem maybe putting on a set of earbuds with a mp3 player could make you feel more private.

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Nov 2008, 18:44

mp3 or a "Ipod shuffle" is a lifesaver for me now LOL !!! Oh boy- I wish I thought about all of those tricks before I actually did such horrible damage to my poor butt Image
No , I never heard of Domboro ? Does it have Boric acid inside ???
Fissulyna
VIP