Scar Tissue

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Scar Tissue

Postby val » 06 Feb 2009, 15:09

Jen wrote:Val - What did your doctor say about you still having soreness? Did he give you any options?

Jen, my CRS booked me for "an examination under anaesthesia", but unknown to me until my GP showed me my CRS's letter, he had booked me for an anal flap advancement Image Image Image Well, my appointment hasn't come through yet (for which I am truly thankful!!) and at this moment in time, sore as it is at times, I cant imagine wanting to go down that road!
I hope yours gets back to feeling better again soon - I'm sure its pretty "normal".(As normal as any of us are anyway, seeing as we're the minority with ongoing problems!!)
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Feb 2009, 15:10

It is never much fun to be in this particular minority. Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 06 Feb 2009, 19:51

OMG! I can not believe that Val! I can't imagine you would need that procedure. Your CRS has to be very knowledgable if he even knows how to perform that.
Is your pain how I describe mine - just sorness with no blood?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 07 Feb 2009, 08:07

Well, sometimes I get blood - that really depresses me! But usually its a sore achey feeling, which hurts a lot after sitting on it. It gets better by evening and then starts over next day. These episodes usually last about 3 weeks then - just as I'm thinking it will never get better, it settles down again!! Stress and PMS play a major part in it!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby juney » 11 Feb 2009, 11:13

mine is exactly the same. i've tried everything over the past few years and really don't have other advice, except to say i know what it feels like and it's horrible. i use all kinds of ointments, wipes, warm water enemas, etc everything just to get the inflammation down but no matter what i do it's always irritated. i guess it's just the way it'll always be for those of us who've had so much trauma. it is totally depressing :(
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Corsi » 15 Feb 2009, 09:58

How are you Jen? BM problems, or is it just soreness afterwards? Are you satisfied with your LIS?
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Jen » 15 Feb 2009, 14:22

Corsi -
I am very happy I had my LIS done, but I am not 100% better. The issues I have now deal with my really slow healing, sensitive scar tissue. There is no active pain, spasms, or blood. The scar occassionally cracks open and causes soreness. I am praying this will get better with time. My CRS said it will.
How are you feeling?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Corsi » 16 Feb 2009, 04:36

I have pain during BM every day now, no doubt the botox is out of my body. I think my fissure is small compared to what it was, but it is just too tight - especially at the beginning of every BM. It feels like it rips every time. That's the reason I think LIS is the right thing to do...hope I stay well and are able to go in for surgery.
I hope you heal too Jen, some people need more time then others. Isn't it OK not to dread every BM?
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby buttgirl » 12 Mar 2009, 22:46

Scar tissue does suck, but even that gets better. it still get irritation every now and then, but nothing crippling
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby suzyljank » 22 Apr 2009, 12:02

Oh hi, I'm in the same boat. I had LIS 6 months ago and the fissure healed but when I have a bm that starts out a little dificult to pass I have trouble for days. I am not constipated, I take miralax and benefiber and eat 25-35 grams of fiber a day yet sometimes the first push can spell trouble. It will feel like it burns or is swollen or like something is stuck there but there isn't. It seems to take quite a while to feel better and then in a few weeks it happens again. It's so darn frustrating. I think all the creams and ointments irritate it further sometimes. The sitz baths help some and so does sitting on a heating pad wrapped in a towel. When it gets like this I couldn't get a medicated suppository up there to save my life. When I get that bad I take ibuprohen and a valium and that seems to ease some of the discomfort for a while. I'm so glad all of you are so kind and you are there to talk to. God Bless all of you. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic