Had surgery yesterday

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Had surgery yesterday

Postby Marsh37 » 18 Apr 2010, 07:13

Good Morning
I havent been able to go bm yet. And it is difficult for me to sit straight up. I sent my Boyfriend out to try and find me one of those inflatable rings but, all the stores seem to be out of stock..He has gone to Walmart,CVS and now he is on his way to target. I have a ten page paper to write for school and I dont want to be uncomfortable doing that.(My paper is on the elements of Beowulf if it was written from a christian or pagan perspective) The medicine just makes me sleepy it doesent really help with the pain... OMG im miserable Image
Marsh37
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Apr 2010, 09:04

Well Marsh, I hope by now you have had some relief. The hydrocodone isn't helping the constipation, I am sure. Sometimes a ring cushion helps, but they can stretch your tuckus, too, and make things worse, so be sensitive to that if you are using one now... Hemorrhoids are horrible, I know the recovery can be long and painful so hang in there, it may well take a few weeks to really get over it.
Your Beowolf paper sounds very cool!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Apr 2010, 21:14

Oh Marsh !!!! I know you would like to hit me over the head LOL - but you are doing GREAT considering that you had hemorrhoids removed !!!!! Image That is about as painful as it can get : ((((((( . We had members completely immobilized by pain after that procedure !!!!
So - if it is of any comfort - you are bearing is great KTW and in a week you will start feeling better ! A full week is usually necessary for a but to start calming down after a hemorrhoidectomy !!!!
I know that you hate your doctor at this point : ( - but it is for the best - he took care of all possible problems so once you heal it will be forever !!!!
Ask for another kind of pain med !!!! Usually after the surgery person needs 2-3 days to have the first BM - and it does not mean it will be "hard" since you cleansed your guts COMPLETELY before the surgery and now they need time to collect and move a new "scoop of poop" down the shoot LOL
Ask for some Valium too !!!!! It will relax your sphincter that is now in a spasm due to such a "butt shock". It happened to me too !!!
Best of luck !!!! Keep us posted Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 Apr 2010, 22:02

Hey Marsh, are things going any better yet?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Marsh37 » 20 Apr 2010, 22:48

A little im still in a lot of pain when I have to have BM. I cant sit down comfortably on the toliet(i feel better if I stand) and thats not comfortable either. . I am up to 4 baths and 2 showers a day. The doc wont prescribe anything stronger unless i drive almost 2hrs to get the chscript.. which is nuts.. progress is very slow but thanks for asking. Marsha D Image
Marsh37
Salt Bather

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 Apr 2010, 22:58

I'm sorry to hear that :( You sound minorly more upbeat which I guess is good at least... I guess the prescription needs to be picked up in person because it's a narcotic which is very strictly controlled now. Can you see a local doc to get something stronger? Hopefully at least the worst is over with now!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Marsh37 » 21 Apr 2010, 06:57

I know this to will pass and the worst is over. When I go BM it feels like the fissure pain all over again. I was thinking about trying to see a doc where I live to see if they can prescribe something stronger. Thanks again
Marsh37
Salt Bather

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 21 Apr 2010, 11:53

Definitely Marsha. If it hurts and you need something stronger, I'd think you could just see a local doc and have him call the guy who did the surgery to make sure you're not just some random drug seeker :) I talked to the two folks I know who have had hemorrhoid surgery before and they both took Percocet for some time afterward.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 26 Apr 2010, 22:33

Hey Marsha, soooo it's been a week or two now. How are things going? Any better than before?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby mmb0423 » 27 Apr 2010, 09:56

yes i'm curious too marsha!!
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Topics: 8