Perhaps going for hemorrhoid surgery today

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Perhaps going for hemorrhoid surgery today

Postby Guest » 21 Aug 2007, 13:03

Seriously, whiskey is an anti-coagulant? Wow-I would love to have a buzz right now after this pain. Oh, wait, I forgot-I don't drink, darn it!
I think I got mine from sitting too much. I had a 8+ hour car ride and then had a lot of driving the kids around and I must have squished down too long and got one. I hate that.

Postby Cinderella » 24 Aug 2007, 12:02

Lecia, I am really sorry for you.
My one has become much smaller already but I still have pain. The painkillers have helped a lot. Then I have kept ice (I have fabric between ice and skin)on the hemmie and that has helped the most. However I have not been able to carry my baby or to go out for a walk for several days. Actually today I went out for a small walk for the first time. My CRS said that it should become better in few days but it will take one month to heal totally.
How is your situation? How have you treated yourself? Hopefully you are feeling much better. My thoughts are with you. By the way did you get hemmies when you were pregnant or has this problem just started after your pregnancies?
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 24 Aug 2007, 12:19

Hey Cinderella,
I am sorry that you are going through this too right now. I got really bad hemmies during the last month of pregnancy. So bad I had to stay in bed the last month or so and they almost induced me to get the pregnancy over with I was so miserable. They got smaller after pregnancy but I have had to battle them the last 4 1/2 years with banding, removal etc.
The one I have now is external and I am taking baths and taking advil (ibuprofen) which is an anti-inflammatory to reduce the swelling. I am also taking a garlic supplement to help prevent clots in the future. I also started taking a baby aspirin too.
I have been putting aloe vera on the hemorrhoid and trying to stay off my feet. It is hard when you have a baby as they need to be carried. I am so glad you have some help this month and that you got to get out for a walk.
My doctor, like yours, doesn't want to remove it and risk another fissure. But there are days when I think just do it and I will risk a fissure.
Hope this gets better for both of us soon.
Take care!

Postby buttgirl » 24 Aug 2007, 13:09

Hey gals, I was reading through pubmed after our discussion on anti-inflammatories and something interesting popped up. I haven't tried it, but it sounds interesteing. Apparently, the enzyme serrapeptase reduces venous inflammation in studies. Some reported side effects of high blood pressure and pain the the legs, but those seemed reduce with smaller doses 20,000 IU. It is currently avaiable OTC.

I'm not sure it fi would try it, but I figured I mention it to you and let you do your own research.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 24 Aug 2007, 13:13

Thanks Buttgirl,
I have access to pubmed through work so I will see what I can find on it. I not only want to treat this one, I want to prevent it from happening again.
Thanks for the tip!