Infection (discharge)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Infection (discharge)

Postby Deleted User 680 » 02 Jul 2011, 15:25

Hey guys I notice I have lots of yellow discharge after a bowel movement and very itchy, does this sound like my fissure is infected? I'm thinking of going to the ER at the hospital right now because there was lots of blood and this discharge isn't stopping after my bowel movement a few hours ago
Deleted User 680

Re: Infection (discharge)

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2011, 19:27

Hey there,
I think it would be a good idea to have your fissure checked out. I found a web link that may be useful. It says discharge may be present with a fissure...
http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/anal-fissure-topic-overview

Postby StevePain » 04 Jul 2011, 07:24

I've had discharge lately as well, not smelly so I know it isn't infected it's just fissure or wound related discharge, I'm happy to say it's stopped for a few days...
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Deleted User 680 » 04 Jul 2011, 07:35

Thanks for replying guys, I'll book an appointment to the doctor to get the discharge checked out
Deleted User 680

Postby Deleted User 680 » 07 Jul 2011, 20:57

I found using Tucks wipes has helped soo much, they've replaced baby wipes for me. I use them to wipe after, and it's not itchy anymore, and the moisture/dishcharge isn't as bad. (although still exists). I've started eating a raw garlic clove every morning now to kill off any fungus/bacteria that may be there. Also I'm taking these probiotics:
http://www.amazon.com/Enzymatic-Therapy-Acidophilus-Pearls-Capsules/dp/B000BQ8ATQ
Not sure if the wipes helped or the probiotics, but things seem to be improving.
Deleted User 680

Postby seattlesounders » 07 Jul 2011, 21:57

Vrscdx glad the Tucks are working out for you. Just as an FYI for others, I bought some but was advised by the nurse not to use them. Her argument was to avoid putting other chemicals on the wound. Thanks for the link to the probiotics will order some myself.
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby val » 08 Jul 2011, 03:25

Hopefully it's nothing, but it's always worth getting it checked out, as it does sound like an infection, but at least a doctor can tell you for sure and put your mind at rest if it isn't.
Best of luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby seattlesounders » 09 Jul 2011, 10:39

Vrscdx any updates? Asking because I saw the doc on Thursday with a similar concern. He said he was 95% sure it wasn't an infection (too painful for anal probing) and gave me some gauzes to hold against my butt. 3 weeks after surgery and I'm amazed to see both yellow and a dark brown discharge. Does that sound like an infection to others?
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7