LIS on 28 Jan 2011

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: LIS on 28 Jan 2011

Postby Elphie » 16 May 2011, 07:29

Btw, CRS wouldn't prescribe Valium either, I had to go to my GP, she saw the sense in it and prescribed it immediately
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Deleted User 579 » 16 May 2011, 08:25

Elphie, you are a wealth of knowledge and advice!
Dave - I also think that you will want somebody with lots o experience giving you Botox. I couldn't tell if you are still using any ointments. Some boardies here have had to conintue with nitro or dilt after LIS to finally get everything healed. I really feel for you, my friend! I'm sure at this point all you want is to get past all this. It takes such an emotional toll. I really hope you find a solution very soon. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Dave » 02 Jun 2011, 08:57

Hi all, update again - surgeon did his homework and decided to give it more time - no botox or more surgery for now. Im still not healed but I manage from day to day - went to surgeon again today and there is no progress - at least its not getting worse. The bleeding comes and goes. Been 4 months now - I chatted to another friend who told me that only after 6 months post op he felt semi-normal again and he still has to be very careful now iro his diet. My stools are still soft - drink a lot of water - I found that when its too soft its more painful. So its difficult to get to the right balance. On anti-deps now for 3.5 weeks (low dossage) and am hoping that it will have a positive effect and help me to deal with this...
Dave
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Deleted User 579 » 02 Jun 2011, 13:05

Hi Dave - I'm so sorry that you are not healed and still in pain. That is a lot to deal with. Are you using any Diltiazem, Nifedipine or nitro ointments? A number of boardies here had to use one of those after their LIS in order to finally get healed. Some of those folks still had to have a second LIS after all, but the ointments can still help with the spasms. I've also read a few cases here where the pain continued after the LIS because of pelvic floor dysfunction. They began to get relief once that was treated. And, of course, there are case where it has taken people 6 months to a year to finally heal. Everybody here understands your pain ... and depression and anxiety. Butt problems took more of a toll on me physically and psychologically than anything else I've had to deal with. I really hope you find some relief very soon. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Dave » 12 Jul 2011, 03:02

Just an update again: fissure is still there but most of the time more manageable, decided to go for a scan where they test the strength of the internal sphyncter, can after that then decide whether a second LIS is worthwhile. My own surgeon wont do a second LIS - he thinks the risks are too high. I think I'll give it a year till early 2012 to make that decision - want to give it max time to heal on its own. On a/d's now for 2 months and its going better in general with the emotions and coping with the whole issue (amongst other work related issues). Any success stories iro second LIS's?
Dave
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2011, 11:42

Hey Dave,
there are many success stories on here with 2nd LIS's. I will look for a few and post the threads here.

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2011, 11:58

http://anal-fissure.org/t1716-2nd-lis-and-my-anal-fissure-story-with-a-happy-ending#34515
http://anal-fissure.org/t1521-lis-no-2
You kind of have to search through the threads but there are success stories on 2nd LIS's :)

Postby Jas » 12 Jul 2011, 13:32

good luck....my surgery is asheduled for the 20th of July.
Jas
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here