Fistula question..

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fistula question..

Postby val » 04 Aug 2011, 11:34

Anyone who's had a fistula treated......
I had my surgery on 15th june, so would expect it to be nearly healed....but...the wound is behaving like another fistula. Is anyone else's like that?
It will be ok for a day or two, then I get this REALLY bad sort of deep internal itch, then it drains either blood or yellow discharge. I can't cope with the itching, and it usually happens while I'm out (AAARRGGHHH)
It seems exactly the same as before the surgery except the itching is worse!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Re: Fistula question..

Postby Deleted User 579 » 04 Aug 2011, 14:18

Oh no Val!! Image Image I'm so sorry you are dealing with this! My fistulolotomy would is still healing. It hasn't discharged any pus for about 10 days, but it is still bleeding a bit during BMs and when I stretch it. I don't have any real itching, but there is still a dull almost-but-not-quite pain sometimes. My doc told me to stretch the wound a lot so it woundn't heal into a fistula - when I stretch it, my wound looks like a ditch. It used to look more like a hole.
Can you call your surgeon and ask that he see you sooner? You've gone private, right? Really, I hope that means that they actually offer proper service! This may be part of the healing process, but I still think you deserve to be seen sooner rather than later. I'm so frustrated for you! You really deserve a break! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby val » 05 Aug 2011, 00:27

Thanks Hope!
I dont like to bother him, as I panicked a couple of weeks after surgery, when it got infected and felt a bit of an idiot when he said there was no fistula! This is the same, but worse and I know I would feel even more stupid if I phoned and made an emergency appointment and he told me the same again.
It's so difficult knowing what's normal and what's not. They should give out a leaflet with all the symptoms, questions and fears we all have, all answered by the CRS! Then we wouldn't need to fret about it!
val
King Fissure

Postby of all the places to hurt » 05 Aug 2011, 05:48

Ah Val, how awful for you!! Do you know what, sod it! Ask again and again if you have to because your the one in pain 24/7 !!! Sometimes the English are too blinkin English if you know what I mean lol...Without you and the rest of us, he/she wouldn't have a job!! Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby val » 05 Aug 2011, 09:21

LOL, thanks Andrea - I know what you mean! I think if it was in any other area (well, there are a couple more...!) then I would get stroppy and ask for an appointment, but it's SOOOOO embarrassing!
val
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 579 » 05 Aug 2011, 10:47

Hey Val! I totally agree with Andrea. Screw it! An arsehole is just a body part! I'm way past embarrassment with doctors these days. I think I mildly shocked my new surgeon the first time we met - when he told me to get on the table I threw off my pants and undies right there, walked across his office, climbed on the table, and stuck my ass in the air. He then put a cover over me - I hadn't even thought about that! I think he's more accustomed to women undressing more modestly :D But I also think he apprecriated that I wasn't all weird about it. Don't be embarrassed! Everybody's got a butt, even your doc! And I bet he f*rts too! Image

You paid to get fixed, so IMO, this guy is obliged to take good care of your butt. Now's a good time to take a page out of our American friends' book and go in like a paying customer who is entitled to the best care! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby of all the places to hurt » 05 Aug 2011, 11:03

Embarrassing as it is, I don't care anymore as long as I get fixed. Val, When I first went to my GP about this and he switched on the light to have a goooood look lol he said this to me "well, I can't see your tonsils" I nearly died of embarrassment. Hence, I don't see him anymore and like our friend HopetoHeal says....past caring!! Please contact then tmrw and let us know!! x Image
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby val » 05 Aug 2011, 12:16

Haha, ok, you've both won me over! I'll phone the secretary on monday and ask for an appointment for next week!
val
King Fissure

Postby of all the places to hurt » 05 Aug 2011, 14:34

on the plus side, with all the creaming, massaging, sitz baths,botox, etc..., all of us will have the smoothest, youngest a...holes in the world!!!! hee hee Image
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby val » 05 Aug 2011, 14:44

Image Image Image yeah, my face doesn't get treated that good!
val
King Fissure