New here, suffering for 5 years.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here, suffering for 5 years.

Postby Mike530 » 15 Oct 2011, 17:11

Hello all,
I am a 26 YO male, and just found out that I had an anal fissure. The pain started 5 years ago, and I had what I thought was frequent urination so I was being seen by urologists all these years to no avail. I started to monitor my habits through all of this and found that this pain in my butt and frequent urination happened primarily after a bowel movement, so I made an appointment recently with CRS nurse practitioner, who is great and she said that I have an anal fissure. I am using the lido cream right now but I think it is actually hurting rather than helping. I have an appointment for a fissurectomy in a few weeks, and I really hope I can just be done with this. Thank you for listening, I am really glad I found this forum Image
Mike
Mike530
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: New here, suffering for 5 years.

Postby TonyStone » 15 Oct 2011, 18:16

I was peeing constantly when in pain, you will be amazed at how much better you will feel. I am 14 days out from surgery and very happy.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Mike530 » 16 Oct 2011, 21:35

TonyStone wrote:I was peeing constantly when in pain, you will be amazed at how much better you will feel. I am 14 days out from surgery and very happy.

Thanks tony, good to hear you are doing well. I was worried about the frequent urination, as I don't really see anyone else with that symptom. 3 more weeks to surgery!
Mike530
Fibre Addict

Postby TonyStone » 17 Oct 2011, 01:33

Yeah, currently cashiering at the home depot. Before this fissure came back so strong I would go 2 or 3+ hours before having to pee, once the pain would start 45 min to an hour. At home with the intense pain after a BM. I am thinking I peed every 5 to 15 mins when I was awake. I think there are a ton of nerves down around the ABC (ass, ball, connection) and when your in pain they go haywire. At least that is my thought, good luck with your LIS, you will not be sorry.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mike530 » 17 Oct 2011, 04:59

TonyStone wrote:Yeah, currently cashiering at the home depot. Before this fissure came back so strong I would go 2 or 3+ hours before having to pee, once the pain would start 45 min to an hour. At home with the intense pain after a BM. I am thinking I peed every 5 to 15 mins when I was awake. I think there are a ton of nerves down around the ABC (ass, ball, connection) and when your in pain they go haywire. At least that is my thought, good luck with your LIS, you will not be sorry.

That's pretty much what I have been going through for the last 5 years. I was deployed most of it too which made things even worse. I think I am just going in for a fissurectomy and not the LIS, should I be pushing for both procedures? Thanks again.
Mike530
Fibre Addict

Postby TonyStone » 17 Oct 2011, 05:51

I don't know, I had LIS and fissure cauterized at the same time. I didn't know they did a fissure repair without LIS. I know they do LIS and leave the fissure alone. If the underlying cause is a tight muscle it would seem to me that the situation is still there for another fissure to form. Talk to your CRS about it and don't be afraid to get a second opinion too. If you don't get a good vibe from your doc, find a new one. In 2005 I was with a doc and he didn't listen, was hard for me to understand and just never liked him. I kept going back because he was suppose to ge good, rude (naughty naughty) though. The doc that dud my surgery, awesome. (Indian so a little hard to understand ) but really nice.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 17 Oct 2011, 06:34

I had never heard of a fissurectomy without LIS but we had a boardie in here recently who had the procedure. Here's a link to her posts on her experience.
http://anal-fissure.org/t3435-had-fissurectomy-a-week-agohelp#62652
There was another guy in here( in the older threads) who had a fissurectomy without LIS. I can't remember his name at the moment but if I come across his threads, I will post a link for ya.

Postby Guest » 17 Oct 2011, 06:42

Found it! His name was Buck. You may want to follow his threads to get a little more information...
http://anal-fissure.org/t1860-7-weeks-since-surgery-and#43286

Postby Mike530 » 17 Oct 2011, 18:00

thanks for the replies guys. I am going to speak with the CRS on what will be done.
Mike530
Fibre Addict

Postby Jimmy7223 » 15 Jun 2015, 19:33

Hi Mike and Tonystone,

I am suffering with what seems like very similar symptoms as the both of you. Been two months now...for the first month thought it was just a bladder/prostate issue and saw a urologist who just gave me antibiotics which did nothing. Then, I visited a proctologist 3 weeks ago and was prescribesd nifedipine. Been seeing some improvement in the urinary symptoms over the past 3 weeks...although I do have a bad day here and there.

Wondering how things turned out for the both of you. What treatment was most effective? We're you cured?

Thanks,
Jimmy7223
Fibre Addict