support needed and +ve comments re:LIS 4 lurker53

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

support needed and +ve comments re:LIS 4 lurker53

Postby of all the places to hurt » 20 Oct 2011, 14:04

Hi guys
One of our boardies is having a real rough time! He needs our support from anyone who has had a positive response after having LIS. His surgery is due 28th October. SO, as u can understand he is really nervous and apprehensive after reading some new posts. Any recommendations, empathy and most of all positive feedback would be sooo much greatly appreciated!! Please answer him guys!! He has 7 days to go and 7 nights of trying to sleep too Aww
Cheers
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: support needed and +ve comments re:LIS 4 lurker53

Postby jenny2 » 20 Oct 2011, 15:42

Image for you lurker..
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby TonyStone » 20 Oct 2011, 15:59

I have talked with lurker and I was as scared as he is. I am 21 days past surgery. I had no pain with BM, any pain I have had overall was controlled with ibuprofen and I have not taken any of that since many day 5 or 6. I felt like I could go back to work 5 days after surgery but went back 11 days. I have not had any fissure bleeding. Wish I had done it 5 or 6 years ago. I hope my experience is the norm.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 20 Oct 2011, 16:39

Lurker,
you can message me any time you would like. I know exactly where you are coming from! Please know many of us have had very positive results with LIS. I'm sending you tons of positive links tonight when I get time. Remember they are the ones who disappear from here and never even come to the internet for support. Tony, a few others, and I are rare cases of hanging around after positive, uneventful recoveries. Believe me they happen all the time or the success statistics wouldn't be so high! :) You're going to be surprised Buddy, it's nothing like I expected... Hang in there! I understand your anxiety. I cried so much the day of my surgery that my CRS and I were laughing at my post-op appointment about how she told them to hurry and knock me out.
I know we can't take away all your fears, but you really are doing the right thing. I expect in a couple of weeks you will be jumping for joy. I know I was :)
Just think by the time the holidays roll around you will be a new man, eating some yummy food with your mostly fissure friendly diet, water, and stool softener(LOL)! It really will be better than your fissure days!!

Take deep breaths, and go into denial if you have too until that day comes, just go about life and stay as busy as you can. You're taking control and getting your life back! Image

Postby dwarfs8 » 20 Oct 2011, 18:55

Wow u guys on this board are really wonderful ppl, makes this world a better place!
Lurker, try to keep urself busy and pray if u can. Ask god for strength and peace. U'll be as gd a new in time to come.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Sue1962 » 20 Oct 2011, 19:29

All of you are soooo awesome. What a blessing this board is!!! Lurker, hang in there!!! I have not had surgery, but I have been suffering since May 2009. I actually called my surgeon today for a consultation. I just can't live like this anymore!!! The rip, tear, poop, scream process is just to consuming and I developed a tag to go along with it about 4 months ago, and I think it is more painful than my fissure right now. So, I am going to have it removed as well. I am absolutely scared to death, but I am hoping it will be worth it. I have read alot of the posts to and it scared me as well, but on the other hand, there are many many good ones too. I still have tons of questions, but don't want to be a bother to so many others suffering. Hang in there, just think in 2 weeks you will be feeling better than you are at this moment!!! Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby lurker53 » 22 Oct 2011, 16:28

Thanks to those who chimed in, six days away and feel like I'm living in a bad dream. Everytime I think it's gonna be fine I think about a scalpel "down there". Maybe if I'd had more surgery in my life I'd be less scared.
Told my boss I was having surgery on an ulcer, couldn't tell anyone the embarrassing truth but don't think I really told him how much time I'd need to recover. High pressure job and all.
Thanks again!
lurker53
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Postby linda » 22 Oct 2011, 18:02

I told my boss I was having day surgery of a personal nature and would be out for at least a week. I told my co-workers it was a female issue and only one person pushed that envelope. I told her that she really didn't want to know the details and that was the end of that.
I don't know why this is so embarrassing but it is. The recovery nurse told me half of my co-workers probably have had the same thing. hmmmmmm
linda
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby jenny2 » 23 Oct 2011, 08:29

hey lurker, i think for everyone that has fissures they feel like they are living in a bad dream and will never get better. i know at times i sure did and even now with the skin tag problem i am having i still feel that way some. hang in there and try to keep busy and think about the positive outcome that you are gonna have come out of this surgery. you will be able to get your life back and live normal again without butt pain!! :)
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby TonyStone » 23 Oct 2011, 09:53

Ha, you all live in worry. I tell everyone about my ass pains, I am like the ass-master. (I gotta find a new title). I will tell them about it even when I can visually see they no longer want to process what I am saying. Lol
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist