What else has worked for you?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What else has worked for you?

Postby beachgirl » 11 Dec 2011, 10:20

I am considering LIS.
However, before i take the plunge, i want to try biofeedback, and maybe ???
acupucture, bodywork, or i don't know? potatoes>?
actually there is an interesting site, jini patel's suggestions (i just tried her anal fissure product which seems to be like pepto bismol for the rectum re burning... we'll see longer term.)
anyway , ideas anyone?
beachgirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Re: What else has worked for you?

Postby dwarfs8 » 12 Dec 2011, 03:53

i don't think those works... but if u like, u can always give it a try!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Re: What else has worked for you?

Postby wecc » 12 Dec 2011, 05:40

Hi there beach girl….you sound like me months ago. I tried everything….nif cream, soaking so much that my butt looked like wet leather that was left out in the sun, many things you read on the internet. I will say that I went from a 10 out of 10 pain wise to a 2! However with that said, after a week or so, bad BM right back to a 7 and then a week of the pain game. I was going to win this thing…well after months and months….game over…this little ______ won! I went to two different CRS and both said if you somewhat heal and re-tear, there is a 90% chance it will never completely heal
There comes a time that you just say screw it, I want my life back and you want it fixed once and for all. This has taken over my life in many regards. I use to be involved in many physical activates….had to stop. Use to do anything and everything with my kid…put a stop to much of that. Oh and it so very enjoyable when I have to travel for business and I cannot sit. I had one meeting that I told everyone I screwed up my back and had to stand most of the meeting…I’m done….finished…I refuse to live this way…..
One thing you might want to investigate rather than a LIS is a new type of Anal dilatation. There are not many Doctors that perform this. I was lucky that I found a CRS who does. In fact, he was award top doctor in NY two years in a row.. He has performed over 300 LIS’s and after learning this new technique, he will no longer perform a LIS. He went on to tell me that he gets about the same results with no chance of any infection simply because he does not cut anything. Also, the healing time is much less. I had the opportunity to speak with some people in his waiting room and wow, many well felling great in a few days. I spoke with two people who had the AD on a Friday and was back to work on a Monday. I am having this done next month. I will keep everyone in the loop on how it goes.
Again I am not saying do not get a LIS, all I am saying is do your research and see what is good for you.
http://anal-fissure.org/t3936-thinking-of-a-lisread-this-first
Good luck beach girl!
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9