Botox done today.....fingers crossed!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox done today.....fingers crossed!

Postby workingonit » 21 Mar 2012, 19:00

I just may do that, go for botox I mean.
I want to be fully healed before my relatives descend on me in June. It will be fun but stressful, and a houseful of relatives does not go well with an AF!
Thanks for keeping us posted! So much info here that the docs just don't tell us.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Davo » 22 Mar 2012, 10:13

An interesting few accounts there - I also thought that Botox paralyses things within about half an hour of the injection and didn't realise it takes a few weeks to work.
So how are you both feeling now? Is it true that you no longer feel spasm pains and that the only pain you have is during the BM itself?
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby sailorgal » 23 Mar 2012, 04:55

if you don't mind, i'll throw my little story in with the rest:
it took a few weeks for the full action of botox to work on relaxing the muscle. apparently bcz they only put in enough to moderately paralyze it (?)
My pain was tolerable for the first week with meds, then significantly increased when i believe i retore the 2nd or 3rd week out (spasms pain, during and after just as bad as before surgery). touch and go the first month out, and felt like i turned a corner re: intensity of pain at 1 month or so out. i don't feel like i have spasms pain as much as irritated-scar pain during BM's sometimes and still lasts 1-4 hours after going - but with 1 vicodin, i'm able to continue working and keep social plans, do gently work outs outside the 4hr-window -
which i couldn't do for most of the months of january or february (botox 1/24)
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Sue27uk » 24 Mar 2012, 11:33

Glad to hear you're doing well Andy, long may it continue for you! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby richibeno » 11 Sep 2012, 15:24

how it all going ,sue had my botox and polyp removed yesterday been in pain since ,had 3 small bms they hurt and had to push ,blood on the first ,none on the rest ,may beleft over from the op,dont know if the pains from the fissure ,polyp removal or botox,hope it all calms down,still taking movicol and will still use rectogesic ,
all the best
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Sue27uk » 12 Sep 2012, 13:11

Hi Richibeno, sorry to hear you're in pain but hopefully things will improve. My bms hurt after the botox and to be honest it caused a new fissure. I have never really had much blood so can't comment too much on that but it may be from the polyp removal too as thats kind of an op. Your pain may be a combination of all three! As things begin healing your pain should improve too. I think you are wise to still use the movicol, I spoke to my CRS and I am still taking it as he said it doesn't do any harm. Be careful with the rectogesic, I had an operation (fissurotomy) 10 weeks ago plus botox injections, and continued the rectogesic until a week ago. My CRS said to now stop as keeping inserting the cream had possibly delayed healing. I think it's good you are putting in rectogesic, just be careful if where your polyp was removed from is in the same area. Best of luck with your healing, keep us updated :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21