Recent Surgery! Need advice and support!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Recent Surgery! Need advice and support!

Postby ZeeZee » 14 Sep 2012, 04:45

You are so right ETO! Good morning guys! I'm up, thank the Lord for life! Just had a BM, very soft, little blood.. Made me smile! I 'splashed' the area with warm salt water after, don't have tht showerhead ETO, wish I did! It's 6:43am here so I'm waiting on the nurse to get here to dress the area! Suzy, how are you?!
ZeeZee
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby ZeeZee » 15 Sep 2012, 05:56

My days are brighter! Good morning guys! Very good BM this morning and I had a nice night.. The edges of the wound are thickening and darkening, tht's good, right?! It's also pink and dryng a bit! Having Sardines today and lookng forward to lookng at Manchester play! How are you guys today?!
ZeeZee
Salt Bather

Postby Ever the Optimist » 15 Sep 2012, 11:05

Hey Zee,
Glad to hear you are feeling so positive and the healing sounds good! Did you get out of bed yet? :)
Still (touch wood) continuing to have good days, so feeling a lot more positive myself about things!
Enjoy those sardines and the match!
Looking forward to a bbq myself with loads of salad stuff and a jacket potato just to ensure the fibre levels are adequate! It's been beautiful in the UK today! Image
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby ZeeZee » 16 Sep 2012, 06:01

Good morning friends! 11 days post surgery, BM this morning was soft with no blood! Woohoo! The nurse will be here at 12 so I did sitz and a little cleaning on my own with Eusol.. Of course I had to look at the area.. Image
It isn't tht bad.. Healing and coming in.. Tht's good.. It's Sunday here and my CRS visit is Tuesday, so I'm lookng forward to tht.. To hear wht he has to say and stuff.. How was the BBQ ETO?!
ZeeZee
Salt Bather

Postby ZeeZee » 25 Sep 2012, 17:34

20 days post op! Healing well, the wound is closing nicely! No bloody discharge, just clear stuff.. For anyone tht is considering doing surgery to remove a Fistula, DO it! The earlier you do it, the better, the shorter down time! Don't wait like I did!
The surgery isn't bad and I'm not on pain meds! Just keepng my stool soft by diet and keepng the area clean. Visited CRS on the 18th of September and he said I was on the right track! I've got a procedure on the 8th of October to tighten a Seton tht was a precaution. Not really worried too much!
No more blood, no more pain.. Do it guys!
ZeeZee
Salt Bather

Postby ZeeZee » 27 Sep 2012, 14:26

Oh boy! Today was not one of my better days.. 22 days post op and I saw some blood on the tissue this morning with my BM.. After not having any for a couple of days.. I thought I was past tht.. Is this normal?! It was only with the BM, after tht, a little on the Gauze and thn no more after washing the area.. Just yellow stuff.. I'm not sure wht tht is.. ETO?! Suzy?!
=(
ZeeZee
Salt Bather

Postby Ever the Optimist » 27 Sep 2012, 15:18

Hey Zee!
Don't panic just yet!....I'm sure I've researched somewhere that even a little fresh blood a few weeks later can be good because it shows that the wound is healing - I think something to do with increased circulation and blood flow to the area and that is a good thing. If it doesn't stop or gets worse than see your CRS for sure but it may be just part of the healing process....If you don't have any increased pain/ itching, swelling/ fever etc...(signs of infection) then I'm sure you're just fine....I think also it's still normal at this stage to have discharge but not smelly type pus (could indicate infection) Hoping it's all normal for you but if any doubts, call your nurse to get it checked out :)
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Postby ZeeZee » 27 Sep 2012, 15:46

Thanks for the quick response ETO!
*hug*
No fever, pain, itching.. Just tht bit of blood.. She says it'll be fine and the wound looks well..
I paniced..
=(
No smelly pus either..
I really hope it's fine..
How are you healing?!
ZeeZee
Salt Bather

Postby Ever the Optimist » 29 Sep 2012, 04:57

Great news Zee!!!
Glad to hear you are on track and healing as you should be! That's fab.......
Is life getting back to normal a bit more for you now???
Hopefully, we'll all be looking back and laughing in a few months!! Great stuff & pleased to hear your update :D
Ever the Optimist

Postby Ever the Optimist » 29 Sep 2012, 05:01

P.S I'll update about me on my post a little later! Thanks for asking :)
Ever the Optimist