My AF experiences, and LIS op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: My AF experiences, and LIS op

Postby Danish_AF » 27 Sep 2012, 02:38

Lauren12 wrote:All the best for your operation. Let us know how things go for you. I had the LIS 17 months ago, and it cured me after two years of pain.

Hi Lauren12,
It's so great to know that there are others who have had AF, and who knows what you are going through, thinking of you. Thanks :)
Good to hear that you got your LIS 17 months ago, and now you've got your life back, it means so much to us who are still suffering, that there is light at the end of the tunnel :)
Kind regards
Danish_AF
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

8 hours left before LIS op

Postby Danish_AF » 30 Sep 2012, 14:54

Hi,
So it's now 8 hours before my LIS op, and I must admit that I'm nervous, but also full of expectations to what will happen when it's over.
I think it will be difficult to fall asleep in a moment when I go to bed, so I have allowed myself to drink a beer to fall asleep tonight, and I actually think it already has made me a little tired.
May you all have a good and painless night, and I will write tomorrow with a status on my LIS op :)
Kind regards
Danish_AF
Fibre Addict

Postby Lauren12 » 30 Sep 2012, 15:22

All the best to you. See you on the other side. (((hugs)))
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2012, 15:37

Good luck for tomorrow Danish hope all goes well for you 😊

Postby richibeno » 30 Sep 2012, 15:41

good luck ,all the best
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Waiting in the hospital bed :)

Postby Danish_AF » 30 Sep 2012, 23:47

Hi All
Now im on the hospital and waiting for the LIS. My pulse is at max but they are really sweet to me and talk alot about the op to calm mй down. 
Will write an update later when i get home. 
Have a good day all, and may it be as painless as possible :)
Danish_AF
Fibre Addict

Update

Postby Danish_AF » 01 Oct 2012, 10:49

Hello,
A quick update.
The surgery went well and I am home again.
I had tried to prepare me for the pain after the surgery, but wow I had not quite imagined that it would be as bad as it was. But after a few shots with Oxynorm from nurse, then the pain disappeared almost Image
I am now at home in bed, and try to make sure to take care of my medical pain plan, which I got from the hospital, and I must say that as long as I do that I'm fine.
There has not been any noticeable pain from my AF, but I'm also well doped up, so that probably why.
I fear like everyone else who has been through LIS my first BM, but now I have come so far, and there is not much left of this adventure, I hope, so it'll be fine I think.
I will write something more detailed tomorrow about the surgery, when I have a little more energy.
Now I will watch a movie with my wife, and see if I can get some sleep afterwards.
May you all have a nice and pleasant night :)
Kind regards
Danish_AF
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 01 Oct 2012, 12:14

Hi Danish,
Delighted to hear your home & over your op. I hope you don't have too much pain in the days to come. I can imagine you are dreading your first BM pg it won't be to bad.
I hope you have a good night.
Take care 😊

Small update

Postby Danish_AF » 02 Oct 2012, 11:31

Hi All,
Thanks bailey2009 Image
It's now been 36 hours since I got my LIS, and I must say that it has exceeded all my expectations Image
I still follow my pain medication plan form from the hospital, and I have not had any great pain since just after the surgery.
I do not experience any kind of leakage, and swelling has quietly begun to disappear already.
I've had my first feared BM, and this was a new experience. I could not figure out how to control my sphincter the first 10 minutes I was on the toilet, After 10 minutes where I had tried everything to control the sphincter I had my breakthrough, and my BM was over in 15 seconds. I only felt a slight pain while passing the stools and there was very little blood, much less blood than what normally comes from my AF :)
The first 36 hours after surgery therefore have gone really well and I'm excited about my progress of getting well, will continue just as quickly as it did the first 36 hours.
I will write an update in a few days again, or if something unexpected happens, but until now there is not much else to say than everything is going in the right direction in terms of getting my life back :)
Have a nice and painfree night all Image
Kind regards
Danish_AF
Fibre Addict

Postby richibeno » 02 Oct 2012, 11:39

keep up the good work
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28