My AF experiences, and LIS op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: My AF experiences, and LIS op

Postby Guest » 02 Oct 2012, 13:47

Hi Danish,
That's great your doing well just take it nice & easy lots rest.
Keep us posted.
Take care 😊

Update, 4 days post LIS

Postby Danish_AF » 05 Oct 2012, 11:53

Hi All,
Time for an update Image
The last 3 days have passed very quickly and I've had the operation in mind all the time, but it has not been my main thoughts, like before LIS when I constantly was thinking of AF, BM's and operations, and how it's was all going to proceed.
Monday and Tuesday after surgery was hard, long and painful to get through, but when I woke up Wednesday and was to celebrate my birthday, I could feel that there was something that felt better than it had for a very long time down there Image
My BM passed without pain or blood, and it was over so quickly that again I did not think I was done, what a nice gift to myself.
The only problems I have now durring BM, is that I still do not have complete control over my sphincter, so it takes some time from when I feel the stools are on the way, to actually something happens, but no problem, since everything else works as it should now, and I think that I will gain control over my sphincter again soon Image
My AF has not had any problems since before my LIS, because I've been doped up by the pain medication, but also because my sphincter have stopped having spasms. I have not felt any spasms since Monday before they rolled me into surgery.
It's starting to itch from my AF, as it did after I had a Fussurectomy / Botox when AF was healing up, so I hope this is what is about to happen again Image
It has been great for me to get LIS, after so many months with my AF. But I can't help feeling I'm waiting for when there will be a setback, because everything has gone so well and so quickly so far. Therefore I take each day quietly, and then I see what it has to offer.
In fact, it seemed to me that LIS is a very simple and it is clearly desirable from my point of view, compared to Botox and Fissurectomy. When I think of how much time I have spent in my bed after Botox and Fissurectomy, compared to what I have with LIS, it is ridiculous to think of how much time I've wasted. I had a brief talk with the surgeon about this, and he also felt that we often waste a lot of time with NTG, Botox, etc. and it often would give more quality of life for patients to start with LIS. I will not decide whether to take one or the other treatment, but I felt that I have wasted much time, and I would like to have had my LIS earlier in my AF adventure. But here in Denmark LIS as a last the resort you are offered for the treatment of AF.
I will keep you updated with my progress, and what is happening Image
May you all have a nice and painless weekend Image
Kind regards
Danish_AF
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 05 Oct 2012, 15:33

Hi Danish,
Sounds like you are doing really well :) well done you!
Oh and belated birthday wishes Image Im celebrating mine today :D. I hope you don't have any setbacks and continue to heal as you are. Ireland is like Denmark LIS is the last resort well my crs thinks so, so i will be trying one more botox first.
Take care Image

Update

Postby Danish_AF » 15 Oct 2012, 04:25

Hi All and thanks
I have not been written for some time because I have been with the flu the last 6-7 days. Now I'm fresh again, and can focus on getting back on track.
I still have no leakage or incontinence after surgery. It still sticks a little when I have a bowel movement on the left side where they did surgery, but it is so little that I do not really think about it more.
I have started to remove the pain medication, and I am really looking forward to when I'm finished with them. I do not really have pain from my AF anymore, so I do not need them anymore, but it takes some time to remove them completely when you have eaten them for a year.
I sometimes have serious itching from my AF, but it is not worse than that I can take 5 minutes with hand shower, and then it disappears again. There are 14 days before my first check up, but I'm 99% sure that I will get the message that everything looks good and that my AF is almost gone. My wife has been watching my AF throughout my adventure, and she can see that it is about to disappear because it gets smaller and smaller every time she looks.
I can feel that my life is starting to come back, and I can again start thinking about my dreams again. In about a year would I like to be in Nepal to spend 18 days on the Anapuruna trail, and after that go to the Indian part of the Himalayas where I will be staying with some friends in Manali. I have planned this trip over the last 2 years while I've had my AF, and because I now feel that my AF is about to disappear, I'm starting to believe that the trip actually will happen.
I will probably not spend so much time on this board in the future, because I can once again live the life I used to live before my AF, but I can not keep completely away, and I will also post a status when I've been to first check up in the hospital in 14 days.
I wish that all of you must be healthy soon, so you can resume your life and forget about this AF adventure.
You are all in my prayers.
Kind regards
Danish_AF
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 15 Oct 2012, 12:25

Hi DanishAf,
I am so pleased for you that everything has been going well! It must feel great to finally be able to plan holidays and not have to think about how to manage the whole af regime.
Here's to your continued recovery!
OMB
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Danish_AF » 23 Oct 2012, 04:06

owmybum wrote:Hi DanishAf,
I am so pleased for you that everything has been going well! It must feel great to finally be able to plan holidays and not have to think about how to manage the whole af regime.
Here's to your continued recovery!
OMB

Thanks OMB,
It is still going the right way with my AF, and I now focus 100% on removing the painkillers because I hardly notice my AF anymore wheeeeee :D
It's so nice to feel that life has begun quietly again.
You are all in my prayers Image
Kind regards
Danish_AF
Fibre Addict

Postby SL » 03 Nov 2012, 03:51

I am also from DK.
I am considering LIS.
In which private hospital did you get your LIS operation?
SL

Postby Danish_AF » 05 Nov 2012, 05:50

SL wrote:I am also from DK.
I am considering LIS.
In which private hospital did you get your LIS operation?

Hi SL,
I had my LIS done at Hamlet in sшborg.
That was the 3rd time I had somthing done there, and I really dont have anything bad to say about them.
I were on the list at NHS at Herlev, but I could not wait that long.
I went to my check up last Friday, and had some very good news.
My AF, is not gone yet, but it's about to, and the surgeon said that everything looks very nice down there Image
I still have a itch durring the day, but that's no more than I can remove with the hand shower.
I have next check up in January, but my surgeon said, that he would expect the AF to be gone then.
My life has returned, and it's so good to get out again, and do stuff with family and friends.
I will travel to Amsterdam in two weeks with some friends. A trip like that would not have happend two months back.
SL i dont know how long you have been with your AF, but if it is chronic I can recommend the LIS op. My trouble have only been going in the right direction after my LIS, and I enjoy my life again daily :)
Good luck with your decision, and just write me if you have any other questions Image
Kind regards
Danish_AF
Fibre Addict

Postby Danish_AF » 05 Nov 2012, 05:56

Hmmmm I should actually find me a new avatar Image
Danish_AF
Fibre Addict

Postby SL » 05 Nov 2012, 15:07

Hi Danish_AF,
Thank you very much for the information.
I will contact Hamlet.
What is the name of the surgeon who treated you?
Great you are able to travel again!
Kind Regards
SL