Newbie here but not a newbie to AF

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Newbie here but not a newbie to AF

Postby Purple Flower » 12 Feb 2013, 19:17

Hello All, I have been suffering from an AF for a little over a year now. Lately I was making good progress but these past 3 weeks I moved house and I guess I wasn't drinking enough water and my stress levels have gone through the roof (long story and not very interesting). Anyway, I could feel the twinge coming and today very painful No. 2 and lots of blood. Arrg! I thought I was making progress. Of course I freaked out and got depressed -and very scared. My GP told me to take fiber 3 times a day (the not soluble kind) and Lactulose 3 times a day as well. I guess I lapse because I can stand the Lactulose and I don't even know if all that sugar is good long term. All right, I'm rambling now. Glad to have found this forum and see I'm not alone (but not glad we are all suffering if you know what I mean).
Purple Flower
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Shocked!

Postby mjoth » 12 Feb 2013, 21:01

Just diagnosed today! Thought I had bad hemorrhoids. I wish that was the case now. I've cried several times today thinking how am I going to work. I have taken off this week due to pain and about to try the nitro. This poop hurts!!!!! How does everyone do with work? I am an RN and cannot fathom a 12hr shift with this pain. Any suggestions/stories? Thanks- it does feel better to not be alone! My boss looked at me and said-How do get that? I hope I can laugh later. Image
mjoth

Re: Newbie here but not a newbie to AF

Postby suzyljank » 12 Feb 2013, 23:01

Hi, I'm so sorry you have so much pain. I have a friend who is an RN and suffered with this. She told me she bought thermacare heat wraps for the lower back and wore them under her uniform wrapped around her bottom. No one could tell and the heat from the wrap helped with the pain from spasms all day. Try to take a sitz right after a BM. If you can get the area really clean it helps with the burning sensation you sometimes get after. Lubricate with coconut oil. It's gentle on the skin and is absorbed quickly so the area doesn't feel so damp. Hope this helps. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby LivelyLucy » 13 Feb 2013, 02:40

Hi guys im new here!
But my god im glad ive found a place like this its great to know there is support because im going through daily pain.. And i hate it.
I was told by my GP,Agessss ago i had a tear in my...ya know. Which i thought fine shouldnt be TOO bad! I was so damn wrong
I had terribly for a little while when first diagnosed and was put on Movicol and Germaloid... But yeah after i had them both the first time and a change in my diet the pain just VANISHED
Ive had some few pains since due to this tear which i heard is a anal fissure from family( or very PAINFUL piles)
But recently i was in so much pain while going through a BM,After i did i panicked to notice i was BLEEDING,and as a woman you think; Period? First,right? WRONG! I finished my menstruation cycle the week previous..
So now im SCARED to use the bathroom since,im due to speak to my doctor later today over the phone (but i just need help so bad its almost reducing me to tears and im just harming my body by trying to hold it back until i cant and it just painfully shoots out. Which isnt effective because no matter what i do,its painful to sit normally.
So if any experienced sufferers could help that would be great..
-Lucy
LivelyLucy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby mjoth » 13 Feb 2013, 06:09

Thanks Suzy! I will get the coconut oil! I will also try the heat. I am off this week and praying for the best. Keep those ideas coming. Image Marty
mjoth

Postby Purple Flower » 13 Feb 2013, 08:10

Apparently I'm not the only one in agony. Well I just wanted to say "Hi".
Purple Flower
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 13 Feb 2013, 13:53

Hi purple flower,
I think stress plays a big part in fissures, think of when you are stressed and tense, everything is tight... Especially our bums!
If you don't like the lactulose try switching to movicol. I did a few weeks ago and it's much better. The taste of the flavoured one is quite palatable too.
Hope things start to improve for you again soon
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Purple Flower » 13 Feb 2013, 14:38

owmybum wrote:Hi purple flower,
I think stress plays a big part in fissures, think of when you are stressed and tense, everything is tight... Especially our bums!
If you don't like the lactulose try switching to movicol. I did a few weeks ago and it's much better. The taste of the flavoured one is quite palatable too.
Hope things start to improve for you again soon
OMB x

Thank you. Yes, stress is a big part of it all and mine is Image and seeing that much blood didn't help. The GP said he'd give me a prescription for some cortisone creame but I this was over the phone as the secretary at the surgery said all doctors were booked solid for the next two weeks. Image
Purple Flower
Fibre Addict

Postby Rachael 1984 » 13 Feb 2013, 15:16

Hey, I am a newbie here today! I am pleased to join a forum where everyone is so kind and supportive! Nobody understands if they don't have this pain. I have been off work on and off with this now since last Oct. have been off now since second week in Jan. Lucy, my Fissures bleed on and off when I have a bad BM. I now have 2 Fissures and I am having Botox in April. Ages away. I am suicidal over the pain and suffering with this. Hopefully this forum can brighten me up and keep faith.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!