Just had my surgery...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Just had my surgery...

Postby Jessjess » 15 Feb 2013, 10:59

Yes, I just wedge it between my cheeks and it stays there for the most part. Sometimes it comes out and I just wedge it back in. I spoke with the nurse yesterday and she said that I could still use the gauze if the stitches were pinching me (11 days post op) . And, that if I wanted to stop using the gauze, that would be fine. And I could apply A&D ointment to the stitches to soften them up a bit. I have a follow up appointment in a couple of weeks where they will probably remove any stitches that are left.
When I pee, I just remove it and put it back. I'm not sure about the fistual gauze, but I imagine keeping any wound protected and dry is important.
Glad you are doing better!
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Reni » 15 Feb 2013, 18:24

Hang in there... I don't have good advice but I understand how you feeling. One day we all be healthy and happy
Reni
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Jessjess » 16 Feb 2013, 08:28

I guess after any oozing or blood is gone and a scab forms or whatever, it is more comfortable to actually apply an ointment like A&D like I noted above. Are you able to buy something over the counter to apply to your surgical site like your doctor did?
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Triss » 17 Feb 2013, 06:55

Oh I had a major breakdown on Friday and Saturday... After I posted on Friday I started having bad upper tummy aches and feeling sick and pretty much felt awful, and then had fever at night so I freaked out that I got infection in the wound (which looked normal to me, and didn't feel more painful than before) so went to the out of hours doctors on Saturday who said it was likely just a virus... I'm feeling fine now, no more pain or fever. But that seriously freaked me out. I don't normally panic when I'm feeling under the weather but this time I felt I can't cope with what's going on with me and I cried a lot...
I just want to be healthy :( :(
Triss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby richibeno » 17 Feb 2013, 07:38

Hey triss I am recovering from this also
Make sure you keep the area clean and dry
I use wet wipes in warm water then jump in bath and use hand held shower the I was drying gently and then use a blow dryer on low setting
Use a stool softner I use movicol
Drink loads of water only eat soft things
Wholmeal bread not red meats
I had me last op 2 months ago
Still feels uncomfortable somtimes'get an achy feeling too
But these can take months to feel right again
Here's to great healing
Health and happiness
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Triss » 18 Feb 2013, 14:23

Richibeno, at which stage are you now? Did you have a draining seton put in? What was the next step?
Triss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby richibeno » 18 Feb 2013, 16:03

Hey triss
I'm recovering from a fistulotomy where they cut away the fistula tract 'i had botox for fissure
I then had a blocked anal glan' .may be from the botox injection site's.
This let to an infection and abscess the abscess then led to a fistula'
I had the abscess cut out in surgery and a Seton drain put in over the next 2 months it healed and the abscess drained
On Dec 11 last year ij had the fistulotomy' op where they basically cut away the fistula tract they take te roof off the tunnel.
I'm now recovering been nearly 9 weeks now still get an achy feel down there still keep the area as clean as I can these things take a long while to heal 'scar tissue ect'
I saw my crs on the 1 Feb said it looked OK healing OK
I still eat as well as I can and take 1 movicol of an evening drink loads of water
After the abscess op OK had the wound packed every day for about a month it healed from the bottom up '
My fistula was a little higher than first thought it went through the internal sphincter muscle and a couple of strands of external muscle this wound was left to heal unpacked 'i hope and pray this is all over now '
Here's to great healing
Health an happiness
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28