LIS surgery today, after years of indecision

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: LIS surgery today, after years of indecision

Postby marg6043 » 17 Feb 2013, 14:09

That is something I have learn by the experiences of people here at least the majority report that the first BM is not as bad as they were expecting.
I guess thinking that is going to be so bad and painful actually works out the expectation and when finally it happens is actually less painful than expected.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby enough is enough » 19 Feb 2013, 12:12

An update - I'm now 4 days post-op, and still doing well. I've had 4 BMs with zero to minimal discomfort. Had a bit of bleeding with the one last night, but that stopped right away. I haven't taken any narcotic pain pills for 2 days, have stepped down to 600 mg. of ibuprofen 2-3 times/day. I am still taking the occasional 25 mg. Vistaril - it's an antihistamine my surgeon prescribed to counteract any hydrocodone-caused nausea (which I never had), but also helps alleviate any post-op sphincter spasms (this was explained to me by a kind nurse during a day-after followup phone call). It can also cause a bit of drowsiness, which comes in quite handy as a contribution to a good night's sleep. :D
I'm also taking 2 Senakot-S per day, morning and evening - your basic over the counter stool softener + laxative, which seems to be working just fine, as I've not felt constipated at all.
I timed my surgery last Friday to coincide with the President's Day holiday, but did decide to take today (Tuesday) off too, as I'm still on the Vistaril and don't want to risk driving. And, I'm fighting my normal inclination to push things too fast too soon.
I'm still very glad I finally worked up to courage to have this surgery. NO ONE should have to suffer with AF! I send good wishes to everyone here for a pain-free future.
enough is enough
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby marg6043 » 19 Feb 2013, 15:00

enough is enough Good for you girl and Image for sharing, hopefully your painful experience with fissures will just be nothing but a bad memory, take care of yourself make sure you are healing right, do not push yourself too much, we only have one time to heal and better be the best way we can. Keep us updated on your road to recovery.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Jessjess » 19 Feb 2013, 19:44

So glad to hear that you are doing well! :D Take it easy and enjoy your new butt! Image
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby hopefulbutt » 20 Feb 2013, 08:55

wow congrats to you! You make it sound so easy. I am glad that you can give comfort to those of us who may yet need to go down that road.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Post op LIS Surgery

Postby Tash » 28 Feb 2013, 13:51

Hi all
I just had my surgery yesterday after a year of suffering and an unsuccessful botox round. CRS told me the muscle was so tight that it would have not loosened up on its own. Hope this will fix my problem. I was perscribed percoset but I'm afraid of it because it can make you constipated. Has anyone had any problem with the pain meds doing that?
Tash
Fibre Addict

Postby Whymelord » 28 Feb 2013, 14:13

My father had LIS and he had a fistula as a complication from the surgery, they are very rare. My father being a surgeon himself was very angry because the cause of the fistula was clearly an error of the surgeon.
STILL after all he went through he says it was completely worth it.
Whymelord

Postby enough is enough » 01 Mar 2013, 14:06

Hi Tash, my CRS prescribed hydrocodone for me, because I'd had prior issues taking Percoset. I only used 5 hydrocodone before switching to ibuprofen, but I made sure to take two Senakot-S per day, and drink lots and lots of water. I had no issues with constipation.
Whymelord, I'm sorry to hear of your father's experience! I'm 2 weeks post-op today, and so far so good...I agree with your dad, LIS was totally worth it. I'm only sorry I put it off for so long.
enough is enough
Fibre Addict

Postby delasama » 01 Mar 2013, 14:13

I'm so glad you are doing well!
I see a crs Wednesday and I'm going to beg for lis because I only have six months of insurance left and don't want to man pistol around with creams unless he makes me try creams first.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby Tash » 02 Mar 2013, 12:21

Thanks enough is enough, that last thing I want is to have any problems going to the bathroom. Can you see an improvement in your healing since you are 2 weeks post op now? I'm three days post op now and feel like this will never end!!
Tash
Fibre Addict