just had lis surgery having pain when having a bm

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

just had lis surgery having pain when having a bm

Postby paul138 » 18 Feb 2013, 10:47

hi all im new to this site and i just had lis surgery about 4 days ago,when i have a bm movement i have moderate pain ,my bm has been hard and big,constipated, diffucult to have a bm,pain is not from fissure,no blood,just a pain in the anal area,bm feels different from prior surgery bm,any help would be appreciated.... Image
paul138
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: just had lis surgery having pain when having a bm

Postby suzyljank » 18 Feb 2013, 11:06

Hi Paul, Did they give you any instructions after surgery, are you taking any pain meds? Pain meds can be very constipating. You need to be taking a stool softener and drinking more liquids throughout the day. This will help with your bms. Most people here take miralax or milk of magnesia or lactulose. Stay away from bulking fiber until you are healed. They make your stool larger and while you're healing it's better not to over stretch the area. So glad your surgery is behind you and you can focus on getting back to your normal life. Take care, Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby paul138 » 18 Feb 2013, 12:17

thanks suzy,no instructions given to me after surgery believe it or not,was taking perks for pain,havent taken them in 2 days,started taking miralax,stool softners,thanks for the info
paul138
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Aj-male » 29 Mar 2013, 17:53

Hello all, Male 43 here
I had a discomfort and a zit like thing near my anus for months, until it got infected and had to drain it of blood.
Then the pain stopped but had pressure and discomfort in my anus, not actual pain during BM, but pressure ,specially when i walk and sit, so stayed home for a long time. Mostly lying down.
I went to a doctor he he performed ana- scope thingy and told me that the fistula is still there but small and i had anal fissure.
Had an operation about a month a go stayed home again because of the pain after, the BM pain got better after a week.
But still have discomfort in my anus when i sit and walk. Its pressure. I am worried it may be something else!! And that this will not go away!!
Sometimes i feel the sensation reaches to my penis region.
I also had a kidney stone the whole time and it just got out two weeks ago.
I stay home a lot and not going out, because it is uncomfortable, doctor says i should move more and staying i bed will not help. It that true?
Please help everyone
Aj-male
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

need to know

Postby pakistanidude » 21 Apr 2013, 02:22

[quote="suzyljank"]:) hi :( on january 2013 dr. operated my anal fissure using closed lis ,now April but i still feel discomfort,specially in jeans sometimes its so itchy unbearable :( ... dr in last check up said stop using sodium picosulphate regularly as he prescribed use it only whenever there r chances of constipation or u r constipated, but i am using it regularly , whenever i quit it ,the next p..p give me discomfort. (history) : i was suffering from fissure since 3 years in hostel life where i was on rough diet (lack of knowledge and stressful life never le me think about this sh*t) ,i tried gtn treatment under dr advice twice but failed ,changed eating habitsput fibre in my daily diet etc ,started sitz bath while trying to heal from creams,stoool softners but no use ... i always try to eat fibres and drink lot of water now ....my q's is its my 4 month after lis ,i should feel normal but it is not ,although before lis my condition was pity ,i used to weep from intense pain and now i feel much better but still anxietious, the surgry gave me intense pain for few days but it went away ,but discomfort a bit spasm still there ,advice me cool world :(
pakistanidude