New to forum but not to the pain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to forum but not to the pain

Postby LP » 20 Feb 2013, 20:19

Hi all, found this forum and am glad I did Image , I've suffered from anal fissures since a horribly young age around 13 and still go through the usual panics when looking for advice online every time they re-occur when the first things that come up are bowel cancer. I tend to forget how I got over them the time before any new fissure (although most aren't new just damaged area's that reopen thanks to a stomach bug that does what it does to your bowel), I expect a lot of people forget in the same way as it's not something you like to remember.
Reading through the site I have had a different experience to most, the pain doesn't bother me much anymore mainly because I am an overweight man who deals with far greater pains everyday (although at long last I appear to be winning that particular battle, and reguarly losing weight each month). My main issue is one I'm not sure is common and that is the feeling that I need to goto the toilet all the time when a fissure is open, this tends to make me useless for anywhere upto a month or two, even missing events and doing things I enjoy just because of the constant worry.
It is comforting in some sadistic way to see I'm not alone in this personal hell Image , and actually just sitting here reading through the forums has allowed me to not notice the pain and nasty feeling my AF is currently treating me with and I thank you good people for that brief respite. I will be hitting the shops tomorrow to try the first of people's suggestions that I hope will work for me.
So just as a start from someone new to the forum I'd like to say a quick thanks to both the forum creators and all posters. Image
LP

Topics: 1

Re: New to forum but not to the pain

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 Feb 2013, 02:20

Hi LP, you are not alone. We are all in this together, and we will beat this. Have you tried all of the creams, etc? Or had any medical intervention??
There are great people on here, who will give you advice and comforting words at times when you need it.
These AF's are awful, that just play with your sanity. Only because of the kind people on here, I can see a way forward.
Please post and let us know how you get on!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Re: New to forum but not to the pain

Postby LP » 21 Feb 2013, 05:51

I have tried quite a few creams the doctors prescribed me hydrocortisone once which did far more bad than good for me, but one thing they did give me once was fucidin ointment which worked really well. However those good folk at the NHS decided to take it off the list of prescribable medicine and replaced it with fucidin cream which is completely useless for me. I did have a good doctor and he managed to get me ointment for a while but then he retired and I am having issues getting the same from a new doctor. I have never had any further looking into it mainly because usually when I get an AF it is the secondary effect of something else, this time well I had an appointment and someone there managed to spread a stomach bug to 5 out of the 8 people in the group, I did luckily recover from the bug a lot faster than others.
I'll let you know how I get on with the gauze idea, it's something I think I've tried before with good results so hopefully will work.
LP

Topics: 1