Want my life back :-(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Want my life back :-(

Postby delasama » 01 Mar 2013, 14:19

Crackinup-I'm glad to hear the cream is helping you.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby CrackinUp » 02 Mar 2013, 03:08

All 3 of us are... fissuremen? Hehe :D
One thing I do know is men have a much larger / stronger sphincter muscle, so I think it's possible we get more extreme spasms. Or maybe harder to control. Just like man flu but of the anus. :)
Yesterday I had a strong cappuccino, a mild curry for dinner and a glass of red on an evening... and I'm fine today! Last week this caused me upset so I must be making headway.
Since reading that your mood affects how your sphincter responds in such a big way I'm trying to be much more positive as I believe this will heal faster (hell, your GI is responsible for 95% of your body's serotonin which keeps you happy) .
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby JHH » 02 Mar 2013, 09:11

Grrrr. Major setback Image
Had a little harder than usual BM this morning, and now 8 hours later, Im still beeing punished. Im scared Ive had a retear, and now have to start from square one again.
So close, and now it feels like hell again.
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby CrackinUp » 02 Mar 2013, 10:07

I haven't had a single variation in BM. Maybe once a slight bit of bulk but never again. Did you have any blood? If not you might be OK, you are still early days as far as the Nitro is concerned.
I take a spoon of olive oil before each meal, have soup as one of my meals and take 15ml Lactulose before bed. I have stuck to my routine like clockwork though. I also drink 4+litres of water per day.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby delasama » 02 Mar 2013, 13:42

crackinup~im glad your doing so well!
jhh~sorry about your set back.i feel like im having a bit of a setback too Image .i was doing wicked better after starting miralax. i went from extreme spasms to just dull knife charley horse pains. for some reason this week now im getting dull knife charley horse pains + BURNING SUNBURN FEELING down there.no blood for almost a month though.i see crs for first time in three days! hopefully he can give me a cream or do surgery or SOMETHING!
delasama
King Fissure

Postby JHH » 02 Mar 2013, 13:56

Crackin, I also take oliveoil to every meal, and husk 3 times a day. Still sometimes my BM starts a little hard at first, and then gets soft. Like first a 'splash', then the rest in one go. Dont know how to fix that, but it seems as I need to. Any ideas?
Im pretty sure what happened, is I lost the scab. For the last couple of days I felt something hard at the fissure site, but its gone now. No blood. Actually I havnt seen any blood except the first two days when I initially got the fissure.
Im hoping this is just part of the healing process, and I feel better tomorrow. Right now Im pain free, but it took a good 9-10 hours today. Im crossing my fingers.
Delasama, are you not on nitro or something?
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby delasama » 02 Mar 2013, 14:07

no cream. just miralax. when i finally see a crs in three days, im hoping he will give me a nifed prescripton or something.
ive been walking like a penguin for last two months.took two months to get a referal from my regular doctor. two months that i could have been using nifed or something.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby marg6043 » 02 Mar 2013, 17:24

JHH Is ok, set back happen, just make sure next time you have taken all the measures to have a more comfortable BM.
Things will get better. Image I just had a mild re tear last week after two months of comfortable living with the fissure.
Now I am back again with not much discomfort, it happens we just need to keep our routine, but set back do happen.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby CrackinUp » 03 Mar 2013, 06:06

I'm in pain today... typical as its the weekend again, trying to live a semi-normal life upsets my routine and has caused two BMs today. The second really burned afterwards and sent me into spasm on a spasm free day.
I have to live regimented down to the minute every day to keep control of this thing. Does my f*cking head in excuse my language. Image
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 03 Mar 2013, 08:50

C'mon guys, this is not very encouraging...
Update:
Its day 13 on nitro, and I definitly did some damage yesterday, since today was also bad. Actually, after 3-4 hours of burning, I desided to go for a ride on my bike. the weather was good. I used to cycle 80-100km/week before this crap happened, and now after a month I feel like I have no energy, and no muscle. Sooo, as the damage was already done, why shouldnt I at least get something out of it.
Let me tell you, it was very hard, and it did not took long before my lungs were hurting more than my a$$. But afterwards things were better. Burning eased up durin the following hours, and I was painfree 6 hours after BM. (2 hours after biking) Still have a discomfort feeling, but at least not any pain.
I think cycling is OK, and that makes me very happy. At least I can gain some muscle, and have a more normal life.
(I did try my excersise bike earlier, but that seemed to make matters worse. I think its because its a more upright position.
Anyway, Im going to buy some stoolsoftener tomorrow, and hopefully that wil keep me from future setbacks.
So, how are you two doing now?
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH