Want my life back :-(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Want my life back :-(

Postby JHH » 06 Mar 2013, 03:33

Will do.
Just found another lump between my buttcheeks 5cm from the hole. Dont feel very good right now...
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Rachael 1984 » 06 Mar 2013, 03:52

Let us know JHH how you get on. Are you going to CRS? Please get it checked out.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby CrackinUp » 06 Mar 2013, 04:55

I wouldn't panic, it'll just be an abscess or something. Apparently quite common with fissures etc. You can probably get rid of that with some medication or something.
As far as I am aware most cancerous lumps are painless to touch. I know if you get one in your testicles they are... been there, done that! And no it wasn't cancer, just an epididymal cyst which they left floating around in there keeping the other two boys company. Although three is a crowd I hear... :)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby CrackinUp » 06 Mar 2013, 04:56

And just for the record, that's right, when I break I only break downstairs. It wouldn't be a trip to the doctors if I didn't end up with my pants round my ankles, FFS. Image
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 06 Mar 2013, 06:10

Thanks for your help and suppor!
Had the exam, and he was wery thorough (Equals major pain), but the is no sign of cancer. Only a bunch of scar tissue. Gave me a new appointment in 2 months, and want me to stay on nitro.
Guess I need to work on the poo plug now, and be patient.
How are you doing?
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby CrackinUp » 06 Mar 2013, 06:20

I knew it would be nothing. I've had so many lumps in places over the years they don't seem to scare me anymore, although its always best to get them checked out!
Did he say what the lump you found was? Just scar tissue? Maybe that's what my 'hem' is too. I'll find out tomorrow as I still have the pain.
I'm ok thanks, a lot better than Monday. I'm now getting pressure type spasms that the Nitro does relieve, starting from around 30-60 mins after a BM and lasting for around 3-4 hours. They are not severe and there are no sharp, knife-like pains anymore. It's like having a mild form of cramp in your butt!
To be perfectly honest I am struggling to understand why I have gone from no pain after Nitro application, to having 3 hours of a different type of pain. In a way this is actually worse as I could get almost total relief from the knife like pains.
I have not had any pain during a BM for weeks and weeks, in fact I can't even remember having any pain. Just a slight burn (not at all painful) afterwards for a couple of minutes.
Perhaps I should relax a bit and just expect healing to take longer. I am 5 weeks on Nitro today.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 06 Mar 2013, 06:59

Yeah, scar tissue is what he said. I almost think he did an anal dialation on me as well. He really did some sctreching, and cause me a great deal of pain, while doing the exam.
Im pretty sure you still have spasms. I guess the reason you get no sharp or burning pain, is cause you fissure has healed enough to not get bacteria into it.
Let me know what happens tomorrow!
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby CrackinUp » 06 Mar 2013, 09:18

I think you're right, it's just spasms but the pain has changed due to the stage of healing.
Apparently the sharp pain is the muscle pulling on the edges of the open wound, so I'm guessing it's closed up / got some sort of covering over the top. God knows how strong this is, probably not very. The last think I need is a golfball sized cork in there... so the soup, veg and fish continues...!
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 06 Mar 2013, 09:29

And hopefully your doctor will be easier on you, than mine was on me. Feels like he tore it all apart. Oh well, at least I dont have cancer. Good luck tomorrow!
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby CrackinUp » 06 Mar 2013, 09:40

He probably won't do anything penetrative. Last time he could see the fissure simply by parting my butt cheeks and having a darn good look!
It seems to be the way here in the UK, they don't like to disturb too much and you can see most fissures without delving too deep. I think a more in depth examination is done after the healing to rule out underlying causes, if anything is suspected.
What worries me is some people continue to get spasms even after the fissure has healed... your body won't let go of the cycle its in. I need to know what I'm going through is normal and I'm not locked into some kind of mentally triggered, muscular cycle.
On a more happy note... my new car has arrived and I pick it up 1pm on Friday. I chose 1pm because I'm normally out of the danger zone by then. Please dear god don't let me have a bad day!!!
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist