Want my life back :-(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Want my life back :-(

Postby CrackinUp » 08 Mar 2013, 16:58

Try not to worry because the anxiety will make it worse. I would apply the Nitro as close to 9am as you can, that way you should have maximum cover through till 12pm.
:)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby CrackinUp » 09 Mar 2013, 04:18

Hope today is going ok mate.
I have a slight itching and burning sensation today. Not sure, just aware something is there. I did however break the diet and go out for a meal last night, although I still had fish.
I've been getting excited about the thought of exercise JHH. You'll be there too before you know it. I was still having quite bad spasms after 3 weeks / 21 days so stay positive mate. Your symptoms are so close to mine it sounds like you will heal on the Nitro (80% of people do!).
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 09 Mar 2013, 06:10

Im OK thanks :-)
Actually, I had a good soft BM this morning with very little pain. Couldnt have hoped for a better start.
Then 40 min later I applied nitro, and during the event, I only had minor spasms and burning, even when standing and sitting.
Im definitly on the right path, but keeping stools soft are very critical for me, so I expect setbacks in the future.
Sorry to hear your troubles, but Im sure it too will pass. I would continue the nitro a few more weeks if I were you!
Hows the car? :D
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby CrackinUp » 09 Mar 2013, 06:38

Are you keeping to the same diet day in day out? I think that with the Nitro is why I healed so quickly :)
Car is great thanks! Yesterday was a bit overwhelming after the past few weeks to be honest with you. Knowing I was over the fissure and then collecting a new car was a bit surreal... I went quiet. Its all taking a while to sink in properly!
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 09 Mar 2013, 06:51

Well, not quite. Breakfast and lunch are the same every day, but supper differs. I keep away from red meat and patatos though. Then I have also started to eat a lot of yoghurt during the day, and havn't had hard stools since.
Cant wait untill its my turn to get out of this hell hole :D
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby CrackinUp » 09 Mar 2013, 08:10

That's good, I think you should be able to maintain the BM standard if you keep it up. Mine were seldom any different day to day.
Is your girlfriend / wife fed up of you talking about it yet? Hehe. I think mine is over the moon it's nearly over... Image
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 09 Mar 2013, 08:27

Talk about it! She is fed up with me on the couch, and always complaining.
To my luck, she was with me at the hospital 2 weeks ago, and she asked if it could really be, that I was in that much pain cause of a little fissure. They did a good job telling her what it was like, and she has eased up a bit since :-)
Its much more problematic telling the guys, why I cant come play card, bike, have fun, whatever. I tell it as it is, and dont really care if they understand or not. (which they dont).
All my energy revolves around getting out of this situation, and thats my main focus now!
Have you decided on the nitro yet?
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby CrackinUp » 09 Mar 2013, 17:16

No mate, had no need for the nitro! Was only a very slight irritation. I've been using some before each BM instead which I've decided is most likely to prevent a re-tear. Hope I'm right on this one :)
Most people I've told have been very understanding but I still think they doubt the pain. Unless you've been there....
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 10 Mar 2013, 06:57

I think thats a good idea crackin!
Today is day 20 on nitro.
I had a good soft BM, with very little pain, and it felt very promising. But an hour later the burning started and I had to lay on my side to relieve the pain. Its actually worse than yesterday. Bummer.
Now, some hours later, I still have a little burning, but also a new kind of pain. A sharp pricking pain, that comes and goes. Crackin, did you experience this? And do you think its a retear, or just part of the healing process?
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby CrackinUp » 10 Mar 2013, 08:01

My pain was like being sliced open with a razor blade, and then something (acid?!) poured into the wound for hours and hours. I also used to get a 'crawling' sensation that was prickly. I was still getting these at 3 weeks so I'd say normal, although they did get better with time. At 3 weeks the pain was still reducing me to tears some days.
If the pains are new to you I'm guessing it's possible your doctor might have upset it a bit? Although having said that my pain changed the week before I was told it had healed, so it could just be a phase of healing. I don't think it can be another tear without blood. One of the first thing my CRS asked me last week was how long since the last bit of blood.
I know the muscles spasms can cause all kinds of pain and the sharp pain is the edges of the fissure being pulled on. It'll get better... just keep kitting that little f*cker with the Nitro :)
When I was getting bad spasms I would not use any medication before the BM, then wait as long as I could before I applied the Nitro. This gave an instant relief and would take me as close as I could get to a pain free day.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist