I cant take this anymore!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I cant take this anymore!

Postby hendrick181 » 23 Mar 2013, 17:34

Hi im new to the forum but have read it mostly when symptoms flare up. Ive been suffering with AF for almost two years. Could take the pain after i spent the last 3 days of december calling emergency #'s trying to get in to see CRS. Had several appts and many invasive scoping, colonoscopies etc. doc said finally next is botox injection. Had that done a month ago and hadnt felt that good for about 2 years! Had a great first month. Sadly this week had a painful BM and now symptons have returned with all BM painful again. No blood but ouch!! is it common for these to 'overpower the botox' or did i probably suffer a re-tear and back to square 1? I did have a follow up scheduled with CRS for this upcoming wednesday.. Am i smarter to ask for another injection or just ask for the actual surgery?? Also my wife is expecting a baby any day now and i cant have this completely ruling my life. Any ideas please please please help? I do take metamucil 3tsp per day and that helps but i think the bulkiness of BM finally irritated it too much....
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Re: I cant take this anymore!

Postby hendrick181 » 23 Mar 2013, 17:37

PS i have tried the nitro, nefidine..etc for almost the full 2 years and it stopped working. Tried sitz baths too. No relief...
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby hendrick181 » 23 Mar 2013, 17:50

Oops. I meant that i couldnt take the pain anymore.... Ive had all kinds of injuries but nothing with pain like this..... Thanks again for having this forum for all of us!! Its reassuring to know how many people suffer from these...
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby jr2 » 23 Mar 2013, 18:11

Since your Botox should still be somewhat active, you might want to try adding a stool softener like Miralax to your regimen to get your stools softer and easier to pass. A lot of us here find Metamucil bulks up stool too much, but with the addition of Miralax you might still be able to benefit from the Botox you already had injected. Surgery is always an option, and with the new baby arriving you might just want to get it done with, but there is still a chance with consistently softer stools ( and I would add back either the nitro. or the nifedipine right now to boost the Botox effect) you might still have a shot at healing without surgery.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby marg6043 » 23 Mar 2013, 19:19

hendrick181 sorry to hear that you are having problems, I agree with JR2 metamucil is causes the stools to be to bulky, even for me that my fissure problem is diarrhea metamucil will do that too.
Sorry to hear that botox has run out so fast on you, is other ways to make the stools softer, many members have posted their experience on some other remedies.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby 3 years now » 24 Mar 2013, 08:57

take olive or coconut oil internally, 2 tbsps a day, it really helps keep things slick and its good for the insides.
I have suffered on and off for 5 years, have learned to manage this chronic condition, I think its with me for life.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby marg6043 » 24 Mar 2013, 09:56

3 years now, I agree, when my fissure was fresh the first thing the doctor recommended was to take mineral oil two times a day, I change that to coconut oil because it was better.
It does help with the passing of the stools if they are hard.
Now I just used vitamin E suppositories one before bed to make sure the morning BM is nice and soft.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby hendrick181 » 24 Mar 2013, 13:06

Thanks everyone so far. Keep it coming. I had added back the nitro and continue with softners....unless miralx would work better?
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby hendrick181 » 24 Mar 2013, 13:07

3years now, and marg, thanks. Where dou get good coconut oil from? I believe at room temperature it is in a solid form? Do u heat it up to liquid or just take at room temp?
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 24 Mar 2013, 16:36

hendrick181 the coconut oil I use is to take by mouth two times a day.
The suppositories I use are Carlson vitamin E suppositories to help make the anal canal lubricated before the BM.
marg6043
King Fissure