I had my surgery this morning

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I had my surgery this morning

Postby owmybum » 30 Apr 2013, 02:19

A normal sized bm must feel like a real break through Suzy... Yay.
You sound in good spirits...... Can't wait to read of your continued healing over the next few weeks!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Rachael 1984 » 30 Apr 2013, 02:22

Keep going Suzy, there will be light! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger! Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Savaici » 30 Apr 2013, 07:08

So thrilled for you, Suzy! Wonderful that slowly but surely things are happening. Thinking of you. Image Image Image Image Image Image And some flowers to bring you a smile, I hope.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 30 Apr 2013, 12:14

Wow, you have been dealing with this problem for a long, long time! Here's hoping and praying that your courageous decision to try the surgery will pay off in the long run! From reading other posts, it sounds as though it always takes time post-surgery to heal and the first part is rough. I'm so glad you have a supportive husband and compassionate doctor. You have a lot of good support from people on this web site, too! Surely you be able to heal with time and good care and support. Hang in there!!!! Image
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby jr2 » 30 Apr 2013, 14:18

Suzy!
That is great news! (not about the pain part of course, but wow, what it must be like for you to already see such a difference!) Hooray! It's really great that even though you're in a lot of pain still that you are able to celebrate in these kinds of victories along the way of your recovery. It's also really great to hear that you feel so positive already so soon afterward.
Big yay!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby marg6043 » 30 Apr 2013, 20:00

Hi, Suzy I am so sorry that I missed your first postings PO I wasn't able to get in the net, I am so glad you are now home and able to see some improvements even with the pain of recovery.
Hang in there hopefully the pain will be the last thing in your mind very soon, once everything is healing and you are good to go.
I wish you a fast recovery. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby suzyljank » 01 May 2013, 05:05

Today is 6 days since my surgery. I'm doing alright. The pain is mostly from the skin donor sights because they were left open. They really hurt. When I have to wash the area after each trip to the bathroom is the worst. Even when I was in the hospital the doctor told me it was going to be painful and he wasn't lying. Pain meds help but at the most they only bring the level down to a 3. I feel sorry for my hubby because he's the one that has to dress the wounds and when I wince he thinks it's his fault. I keep telling him he's doing a terrific job and that it would hurt no matter what. Tomorrow I see the surgeon for my first check up. I hope everything goes well. I can't wait for the day when I'm healed and can at least sit like a regular person again. My hubby took a picture of the surgical site but I don't even want to see it. He said it looks good, that my doctor did a good job but maybe someday down the line after the pain goes away I'll have a look. For anyone out there that needs to have an advancement flap please don't be so afraid of the surgery. It's not a walk in the park but it's not like some of the stories I read. The good thing is when they completely remove the fissure that particular pain is gone. You'll have a different discomfort as you heal but you can do it especially if I can. I'm the world's biggest chicken when it comes to surgery. Even when my doctor told he wasn't going to sugar coat things, there would be pain, I wanted to bolt but I didn't. And most people have a single flap done, I had two. Don't let the fear stop you from getting your life back. You'd be surprised how much pain you can take because you've already been living with so much turns out the surgical pain isn't much more. Thanks for all the encouragement, it really helps. Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Anne37 » 01 May 2013, 05:59

Suzy, I didn't realize until now that we had our surgeries on the same day. You've definitely been through worse than I have, so I'm moved by how positive and realisitic you've been able to remain through it all. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow when you go for your follow up visit!
Anne37
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby suzyljank » 02 May 2013, 05:18

Hi, just a little update. I had another fully formed good sized BM. This is a miracle for me. My pain is coming from the skin donor sites. They were left open so as to cause no tension near the bum opening. They feel like raw meat. They burn, and sometimes I'll get a sharp twinge. Having to keep the area clean hurts like the devil but I say a few not so nice words and do it. I have my first post op visit with my CRS today. Fingers crossed all goes well. Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Rachael 1984 » 02 May 2013, 07:08

Good luck Suzy with the CRS. Great news about the BM. Keep going, you sound like you are doing well. Sorry you are in pain, but there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!