Botox - recovery etc - experiences please!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Botox - recovery etc - experiences please!

Postby hendrick181 » 21 Apr 2013, 13:01

Hi englanddevon, feel free to read my thread(i cant take this anymore).... Guess that pretty much sums it up still for me. Basically had AF for 2 years now. Been seeing the CRS for 1yr since they became unbearable for pain. Went thru all the creams to no avail--nitro, nefipedine, dialtizam.. None of them help relax the muscle. Had botox feb 21st and after a couple days of minor pain(likely just from the injection site) i felt amazing!! I thought i was cured for the most part. Still continued taking metamucil, probiotics...etc. sadly i had a painful BM a month later and all symptoms returned in a couple days.... Pain was unbearable....most from the spasms. Went back in 4 days ago for 2nd round of botox(another full vial worth-i believe its 100ml).... And i sit here 4 days after injection feel as bad as i did before any injections.... I think i have to get LIS.... Altho im going to call right away on monday to get LIS scheduled for following week or two....
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 21 Apr 2013, 13:17

Hi Hendrick,
I just apply a good blop around the anus it works for me. I don't go up as id be afraid I tear fissure.
I see your on 2nd round of Botox like myself I had mine almost 4wks ago & doing great now. Your only 4days will they consider LIS this quickly?
Deleted User 2543

Postby hendrick181 » 21 Apr 2013, 13:31

Have no idea. Gonna call tomorrow..... Thanks
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Englanddevon » 26 May 2013, 10:16

Hi guys, just wanted to say thanks for the advice. Apologies for the delay I've since had the worst 3 weeks of my life to date, long story short the first Botox failed so after being in a bad way I was admitted to hospital and had Botox the next morning along with a fissurectomy for each of the 3 tears, a polyp removed and the usual camera. It was pretty horrific when I came around and was in the recovery room for 3 hours instead of the usual 30 minutes. Things didn't get much better and I was in such a bad way they kept me in for a week. Been home now for 10 days and am able to get around the house a bit. The swelling on the outside has reduced from 2 plums to the size of 2 grapes but looks as if I'm going to be left with a load of scar tissue and various large skin tags... And that's just the outside. Maybe this nightmare will end one day, after all it's only been 6 months.....
Hope your recoveries are going better!
Englanddevon
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby owmybum » 26 May 2013, 15:52

Wow.... It sounds like a nightmare ED..... I really feel for you going through all that.
My fingers are crossed for a smooth recovery.... You deserve it!!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby pinpin » 30 Jun 2013, 13:16

Hi ED,
How are things, you didn't update for month.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good