non healing wound or chronic fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: non healing wound or chronic fissure

Postby pinpin » 17 Jun 2013, 23:40

Thank you for encouragement!
Yesterday I put some cortison before BM, and took painkiller. After BM put my combo inside, and pain levels were manageable, and didn't last for 8 hours, like last time.
I will repeat the same this evening, and will see how it goes. Tomorrow I have appointment with doctor doing Botox.
What questions should I ask him?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby pinpin » 18 Jun 2013, 11:12

Hello,
Had BM 2 hours, ago, again no spasm or terrible pain afterwards.
Did cortisone before BM and took painkiller.
AFterwards used my combo. It is already day number 5 using it.
Is that usual, before you are about to visit doctor, you feel better, and thinking of cancelling of appointment!
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 18 Jun 2013, 11:42

Hi,
I'm glad your feeling better. I'm not 100% sure but i think the cortisone cream can thin the skin on the anus so shouldnt be used for too long.
Absolutely happens us all the nearer we get to app we start to feel better but from my experience it is short lived.
At one stage my pain was so bad i was thinking horrible thoughts so i would have done anything to heal & i think i tried all methods medically available before i had surgery.
As your crs about botox. As for questions you could ask him has he done many procedures? will he do it under local or full anesthetic. I had it done under full anesthetic was very sore after it for a few days. I had no side effects at all from it & was glad i tried it before surgery!!
Deleted User 2543

Postby pinpin » 19 Jun 2013, 00:53

Hi,
Thanks for response, today I visited another doctor doing Botox. Though ladies in registration mixed something and today he was not accepting as CSR, but as abdominal USI diagnostic.
But he listened to me, and told he is doing botox almost 5 year already. And some persons required 2-3 round of botox, so this is similar to what you say. Cost is approximately 120 dollars. Though they are getting botox from plastic surgeons, as they buy it more than regular doses(big packs). So it appears to be cheaper for patients also.
I will have real appointment with him next Thursday, which is good, as it will give +1 week for my nitro combo to work, and probably it will be better so I will have time to reconsider botox. Though 4 months of hell is not something human should tolerate, I believe.
Also I notice strange thing, I apply nitro in morninig as I wake up, after BM each day around 18:00, and before sleep 22:00. So most tight feeling I have in the mornings, which is weird as I slept and was relaxed.
I will keep posted until my appointment next Thursday. But most likely I will opt for botox, as it didn't sound to be something bad.
Ahh, he also mentioned general muscle relaxants, which may help, I think nobody here mention them a lot, but probably something to try also.
I was glad he was aware of nitro and nifedipine, also doing botox, but he mentioned nobody in my country does LIS. He told we try to get modern treatment methods, but nobody really is experienced and learned to do LIS. That is puty, they know how to cut you out, but don't know how to heal cuts :)))
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 19 Jun 2013, 04:04

Did you say you apply after BM first thing in morning? If so the minute you have a BM you go straight into spasm this is why you are so tight even though you have been relaxed all night.
I'd say we have all tried muscle relaxants in the form of Valium/Diazepam etc
I hope you get some comfort this week & don't be nervous to try Botox. 
Good luck 😊
Deleted User 2543

Postby pinpin » 19 Jun 2013, 04:13

Thanks, I forgot I got diazepam from my doctor. I think it is worth to try.
Regarding BM, I build my schedule to visit toilet in evening after work. Otherwise I would not be able to make my office work, If I would have BM in morning and have spasms for hours. 
So I have spasms in evening, suffering at home. In office I am more or less ok, doing the work, earning money, LOL!
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby Savaici » 20 Jun 2013, 07:39

I am sure you have thought of this yourself, igrik1986, but if you are thinking of having LIS done in the UK, don't have the Botox next Thursday.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby pinpin » 20 Jun 2013, 09:34

Do you believe I will be able to get LIS scheduled so quickly in UK?
I send 7 mails today, and no answers yet, will wait several days then will try to call.
1 weeks on nitro+nefedipine+lidocain.
Do I feel something? Definitely I don't feel so intense spasms after BM, but I always lay down, and try not to move around as it causes spasming then. Also I take one pain pill and cortisone before BM. Not sure which of elements helped but all this together makes me feel better after BM. BM as such is still painful in one place where fissure is located. My wife checking it times to times and says it is difficult to understand whenever it becomes smaller as one day I am in more spasm and closed down there another one less. But in general it looks to be smaller then originally tored by "second opinion" doctor :)
I have one more week to go before appointment with doctor doing Botox. Also I have started to dig into LIS direction trying to get appointment in London and travel there.
Hope all of you feels a little better today! Life is good, today I read Davo posts and they raised my mood :)
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby pinpin » 22 Jun 2013, 12:10

Had really good day and really bad BM. Today/yesterday are very hot days. So I think I missed to drink more than usually. Yesterday's BM was so small and hard, so I though today I will have more to poop as usually.
My food intake remained the same.
So I started as usually with small strain, but it started to move but didn't come out as met fissure and anus reacted on pain. So it won't come out by its own and I started to strain, it was so badly and about 10 mins, my external hemmies got so swollen, but BM was again so tiny, before I would think I have pooped the ball, but it was only small 2cm in diameter peace as per bristol 1. So I don't have a lot of poop in my stomach, this is strange, as usually I pooped quite a lot, but thin. 
Of course today's straining and hard pooping made my hemmie bigger, fissure aggravaited. Just put nitro on it and layed down.
My new hemmie is back to original one I have removed with operation. I am so depressed about this, I have fissures, misery for 4 months., and hemmie I wanted to remove back. So I have more problems, than before operation.
I am so so so badly depressed about this. I think diet is not enough at this point and I should seek more laxatives, as actually I didn't take any, just had good diet.
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby JHH » 22 Jun 2013, 12:26

Oh man, so sorry bout your trouble. Reminds me of my own problems.
If you have not yet tried movicol, then do yourself a favor, and get some asap.  Keeping BM soft is the most important thing in this battle, and movicol is your nr. one weapon. When I was on it, it felt like fethers came out :) Unfortunatly I cant tolerate it in my stomach.
Hope you recover soon!
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16