AF destroying my life

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: AF destroying my life

Postby Mercury » 10 Jun 2013, 04:27

Well I'm still not sure what people mean by spasms. Post BM I do feel it tightening up in there, although for much shorter time now, probably an hour or 2. I keep fighting it trying to release the muscle as best I can and if I'm standing it really helps a lot to ease the pain.
I don't feel anything like a real muscle spasm, like a sudden one that just suddenly shuts down with force if that's the meaning, that usually happens right when I'm done on the toilet while I'm still seated. Once I'm off the toilet that doesn't happen anymore other than peeing (when I'm done peeing it seems like an instinct that the whole area including the sphincter spasms and shuts down).
So anyways, if that's the meaning then no I have no spasms once I'm off the toilet and again, pain is all but gone... Even that lump outside that started swelling up post BM is now much smaller and appears to be disappearing.
I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best, I don't think I'll jump into this surgery unless I get worse again... If anyone thinks I'm wrong for some reason please let me know.
Mercury
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby JHH » 10 Jun 2013, 06:12

Correct me if Im wrong, but no pain equals no spasms in my book :)
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Mercury » 03 Jul 2013, 07:57

So while I'm almost pain free these last 2 weeks my AF is not going anywhere it seems. I'm still completely dependent on Movicol to get me through BMs and my CRS called a week ago saying he has an opening tomorrow. LIS scheduled for tomorrow. Prey to anything possibly preyable that this will go as smooth as a LIS can go :/
Really want to just get this done and get back to my life already.
Mercury
Fibre Addict

Postby Please go-away! » 03 Jul 2013, 08:28

that funny Mercury, well not funny in the other way.lol.
That I think kinda ..happens to me.when I urinate or have a BM now, in this stage, most of the time. its smooth sailing...but after the  pain will start to progress. yesterday no pain at all, today I gently had to squeeze my butt cheeks together, because I knew it was going to be a big one.
so, after no pain, just starting to feel pressure, pain, soreness reaching me. oh well.
Good luck, we will all be here after your surgery, to vent away.
Please heal fast..Image
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Mercury » 04 Jul 2013, 17:36

Ok then, I had my LIS today. It was around 9am, it's currently 2am the following night and so far it hasn't been half as bad s I thought it would be. The fissure pain was much worst than what I had experienced in the last 15 hours and I can only hope it continues like this.
I was under general anesthesia so there was no local sedation when I woke up. It hurt but really I would rank it a 5 or 6 tops, then as I was in recovery they asked if I was in pain, I said yes and they gave me 6MG of Morphine. Honestly? I have no idea what happened the following 4-5 hours, I was completely sleepy, falling in and out of sleep. Then when I finally woke up they said everything went just fine, the CRS said that with my fissure I never had a chance without a LIS and that he had to stitch me up a bit but these are the kinds of stitches that just fade after a while so nothing has to go in there again.
When I got home around 5pm I started having some worse pain, still nothing I can't handle. I took a Percocet which I was prescribed and the pain completely vanished, I was pain free for about 5 hours, then the pain came back (again, nothing too bad) only because I think they tubed me when I was under and now my throat really hurts which means I cough all the time and coughing makes my sphincter spasm.
Also, they left a piece of gauze in there and about 3 hours ago I felt like I have a BM, went to the bathroom and all that came out is this piece of blood soaked gauze, it wasn't completely drenched in blood but once it came out it also lowered the pain even more, and it seems all I needed to pass was the gauze, there was no real BM since the LIS yet.
All in all, I have to say this day isn't as bad as I thought it would be, not even half as bad. I'm still very dreading the first BM but I still hope it comes tomorrow cause I want it to be as soft as the ones before the surgery.
So, lots of water all the time, I took my Movicol today and had a very fibre rich dinner.
I'm now very positive in believing this keeps being so easy, I know the first BM is coming and I have no idea how bad it'll be but considering how I feel now I don't think it'll be THAT bad, I've barely bled (only a couple of drops) since I got out of the hospital (I'm using my GF's Always Ultra to keep the bleeding from killing my underwear) and also Percocet really does help a lot.
Here's hoping tomorrow goes even better than today!
Mercury
Fibre Addict

Postby Please go-away! » 04 Jul 2013, 19:42

Sleep well tonight Mercury, Everything will be OK tomorrow,,Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby JHH » 05 Jul 2013, 11:56

Wow, thats scary. Having a pretty much painfree fissure, that was bad enough for LIS. Makes me wonder, if Im in the same boat...
Anyway, Im happy you are getting your life back soon. Let us know how you are progressing :D 
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Mercury » 06 Jul 2013, 06:35

Ok, day 3. Had my first BM since the LIS today. Almost completely pain free! It was very soft and glided out with no issues. I didn't even bleed! I'm now around 4 hours past BM and still pain free. The surgery pain is always there but it's a 3 at worst, I'm completely off any kind of pain medication and feeling as well as I could hope.
Yesterday was a bad day only cause I think the general anesthetic really affected me and I was very weak all day, didn't want to move at all. Today I woke up feeling much better, but all of my muscles were in pain from the lack of movement, went for a short walk and it went right away.
Everything is still very tender down there but I'm feeling good about it all, according to the CRS everything went as well and it could and I should be 90% better in a week's time.
I couldn't thank everyone enough for the information and support I got here. I'm really hoping this will be the end of this nightmare.
Mercury
Fibre Addict

Postby Courtknee » 06 Jul 2013, 08:50

Hey Mercury,
I'm so glad you are feeling as well as you do :) I'm 17 days post op and feel like I have my life back. I had LIS and three skin tags lopped off, so I think healing will be much quicker for you, but just to give you a ray of really good hope here, at 17 days after surgery, I feel 90% better. I honestly think you will be good to go in a weeks times, maybe give a few days and most importantly, you'll be able to enjoy your wedding! Congrats on your successful surgery!
Courtknee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby pinpin » 06 Jul 2013, 11:15

So many positive stories about LIS, probably something not to be afraid.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good