Fissure friendly snacks!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Fissure friendly snacks!

Postby Kreaybutt » 18 Jun 2013, 09:22

Does anyone love grilled cheese sandwiches as much as me?? I miss them so much uhg. So this morning I got creative and made a fissure friendly grilled cheese. 2 whole wheat slices of bread, peanut butter and jelly, 6 thin slices of banana and honey drizzled over. Grilled it with butter (yes I eat butter all the time) it was delicious! Oh and a cup of blueberries! Good for trying to gain some weight back too
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 03 Jul 2013, 10:00

Kreaybutt wrote:What do ya'll think about the "So Delicious" dairy free ice creams? They're made from coconut milk and have no added sugar. I'm already lactose intolerant so I thought these might be good for me. Have you guys tried it? What kind of things do ya'll snack on besides fruits and veggies, if anything? Lol. I miss chocolate the most, does anyone still eat it? Dark chocolate?

Yes! I love those ice creams. They have fiber too (not that we're eating them for fiber, but it doesn't hurt). I think they're delicious. Chocolate and the mocha almond fudge especially, though I recently tried cookie dough which is good too. I try not to eat too much junky kind of foods, but sometimes you want ice cream and I think this brand makes excellent coconut ice cream.
I eat dark chocolate sometimes and have never had a problem. I make dark chocolate vegan/GF (though I eat gluten myself) coconut-based brownies too, which seem to only improve things if I eat one (not too many!). I found the recipe for the brownies on the back of the "Let's do... Organic" brand of coconut flour, though I'm sure there are others out there. I also made blueberry pie the other day (from the Moosewood Cookbook, if any of you are familiar it's a great vegetarian cookbook and the recipes are very easy to follow compared to other books I've seen). Only good things have come of the pie, especially with a little yogurt on top.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Kreaybutt » 03 Jul 2013, 20:11

Ahh blueberry pie sounds amazing! I tried making whole wheat blueberry muffins today and managed to screw them up so out of pity for myself I had a maple brown sugar oatmeal pop tart! The first ingredient was whole wheat flour so I made myself believe they can't be THAT bad right? lol
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Kreaybutt » 06 Jul 2013, 13:19

Has anyone had a problem with applesauce? I'm experimenting with different "healthier" desserts and most of them call for applesauce. I don't recall ever having applesauce so I don't know how I'd react. Thanks!
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 09 Jul 2013, 23:52

OK, here's a snack to avoid!  I am in the process of very slow healing from a really bad AF.  I've stayed away from popcorn (my true love) and chips (mostly).  So, for a 4th of July BBQ I found a recipe for roasted pepitas, thinking this would be a healthy alternative.  They were super delicious and I ate more than I should have.  The point is,  on the 'other end' they produced giant husks, like popcorn on steroids. Image Boy was that a mistake...though I think I've lived through it!  Just hoping someone out there can avoid this little irritation!!!!  No roasted pepitas or pumpkin seeds....ain't worth it!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 10 Jul 2013, 10:28

I'm a huuuuge snacker and I'm struggling with my bland food during meal times so I'm trying to jazz up my snacks. Aside from the usual fresh fruit snacks (strawbs and raspberries are great) and the illustrious but horrid prunes,
I'm trying toasted whole meal brown pittas with a drizzle of olive oil and red pepper hummous. Yum.
I'm also tying "Kallo original whole meal rice cakes" they are wonderful with hummous or a naughty bit of Nutella for the sweet tooth. Make sure you drink plenty with these.
Sweet potato wedges are also great to snack on and soft soft soft!!
Drink plenty and poop gently
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby owmybum » 10 Jul 2013, 14:18

I like vegetable crisps from Marks and Sparks. They are sweet potato, beet root and parsnip. They are yummy.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby pinpin » 10 Jul 2013, 14:31

From snacks I am eating only dried grapes in chocolate
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby Kreaybutt » 10 Jul 2013, 15:45

Here's a yummy snack I found on Pinterest mix a very ripe banana, peanut butter, honey and a dash of cinnamon all together... Put it between two whole grain honey graham crackers and put it in fridge over night. They come out soft and so tasty!!
Just pain tired- what is roasted pepitas??
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 11 Jul 2013, 08:50

Kreaybutt awhile ago U ?
Buttastic, you can eat junk food? And late at night? What is your secret??
Give me some hope that maybe someday ill be able to do that too,..

Oops, looks like I was MIA when that posted.
In all fairness I'm back to 100% down there so my anus can take the abuse of a few hard bowels or so. I really really have come to learn what, how much, and when to cut back on certain foods. And I've come to know my anus like the back of my hand, and he's now my best friend-(sort of speak).
But this took years my friend. Hopefully though It will not take you half as long as it did me to learn what your bottom like or dislikes.
But Kreaybutt really, you have to give your bottom plenty of time to heal completely before you want to take any "Smorgasbord" type chances.
I'm working on year 3 of being AF free and I am now at the point of almost daring my butt to give me another fissure-(wheres that piece of wood).:) 
So, give yourself some time (I would say at least 1 year), then slowly see if you can re-introduce the pizza's, pie's, the crиme de la crиme of all your favorite junk foods.
Butt !!!, you knew a but was coming right. Even then please don't over do it. Don't think just because your fully healed your anus can take it, because remember, you were fully healed when you first developed your first fissure.  Monitoring your butt carefully doing this time also is very important. If you feel any discomfort down there you had better back off.
Whether it was from pregnancy or a hard stool your fish don't care, they're just looking for a home, a place to spawn sort of speak. If they did it once, they wont hesitate to do it again....
HTH GL
Last edited by Guest on 12 Jul 2013, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.