Excercise after surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Excercise after surgery

Postby Shaun » 29 Sep 2013, 13:57

Hi i use to have an anal fissure and had a surgery around 4 years ago. Everything was perfectly fine after that. From last 3 months i started working out in the gym. A month before i went to gym after taking a bowel movement and started using an eliptical. I don't know what happened within 5 min i felt anal area swelled but i ignored that it should be fine. i continued to workout after the eliptical for another hour. When i came home and was going to shower when i checked that there was blood on my anal area. Anyways after that next 2 times when i had bowel movement there was blood with it and anal area swelled again everytime. I got really scared that if there is a fissure again. i stopped going to gym from 1 month now and am applying coconut oil regularly. Because of coconut oil i am not having blood anymore but anal still gets swelled everytime after i had bowel movement. The swelling is lot less now because i am applying coconut oil from a month now. I just want to know that do i have anal fissure again and do i have to really worry about it. Also i was thinking to start the gym again and only working the upper body. Really looking for reply. Thanks
Shaun

Topics: 1

Re: Excercise after surgery

Postby dent1 » 29 Sep 2013, 14:07

I have had pelvic floor repair surgery as well as fissure surgery - VY advancement flap and I was told not to lift anything heavier than a kettle for 4 weeks and I think longer term I will not be able to lift anything very heavy at all as i could do more damage to the pelvic floor by raising intrabdominal pressure too much.
dent1
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Shaun » 29 Sep 2013, 19:56

Thanks for your reply....actually I have been working out before but not regularly and it was fine...it just happened that day because of elliptical(stretching the legs) after taking the bowel movement...I am just scared is the anal fissure back
Shaun

Postby ryanman0 » 04 Oct 2013, 16:54

I went ahead and worked out. I used caution, eased into it, and used light weights. I might have pushed it a bit too much at times (even though all the awesome folks here warned me not to). Luckily, in the end, everything turned out ok. Check out my post-op diary for details on it.
ryanman0
Proctosphincteranalogist