Anal fissure, back pain, left butt pain, knees wobbly!

Introduction

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal fissure, back pain, left butt pain, knees wobbly!

Postby Boaj » 20 Oct 2013, 03:40

Hi All, I joined the BOAJ clan ("butt of all jokes") 3 years ago post a hemerroidectomy that I did not need. Had never had any bleeding or pain with the hemerroids so probably made a cosmetic mistake by going for it as the family surgeon had said "you will be up and about in three days son". Well, I Have been in fissure hell since. I get spasms on bumpy roads while driving and even during turbulence during flights! Also I notice that on days where the fissure is particularly painful, I get severe lower back pain on the left side around the QL muscle area and under my left buttock, especially during long drives. The area around the anus has also become very dry and sore for some reason. I went from a high level amateur athlete to a mental wreck but have somehow dug in deep and am back in shape and playing squash, running, and doing weights. Would appreciate non surgical recommendations please to get rid of the fissure (the pain has come down to a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being peak pain two years ago. I have done sits baths, kept stool soft, drink lots of water, eat lots of fiber, used diltiazem and other creams but am still not fissure free. My bigger concern now is the more debilitating lower back pain and stiffness. Many thanks for your time and attention and would love any and all advice!:)
Boaj

Topics: 1

Re: Anal fissure, back pain, left butt pain, knees wobbly!

Postby pinpin » 20 Oct 2013, 05:51

Hi,

Welcome and sorry you are suffering from fissure now after hemmie surgery.
Do you have fissure all the time since surgery? What type of surgery did you have?

PS: I am also sitting on lower back :)
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby revma3 » 20 Oct 2013, 11:58

I too suffer from fissure and open wound from hemm surgery - thinking of going to try hyperbaric chamber for wound therapy, so annoyed - its been five weeks, I miss the gym, I miss my life, wish I never got the hemm surgery (external hemm).
revma3
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby sweetpea » 18 Dec 2014, 22:33

HI Boaj, how can you tell that the fissure is extending all the way up to the QL? thanks
sweetpea
Salt Bather

Topics: 21