Butt problems destroying your life?

Plz tell me about it!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Butt problems destroying your life?

Postby revma3 » 20 Oct 2013, 22:49

Thanks Please Go Away! Asdf123456 how are you doing now? Just give it more time? How does your wound feel in compare to your AF? Are BM's painful for you at this point? Are you still thinking woods?! Like a butt sanctuary :) are you still off work? This is weird but reality tv like Duck Dynasty cheers me up right now...! Feel better please xx
revma3
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby asdf123456 » 21 Oct 2013, 06:19

Hi again Revma. So I am 5.5 weeks out of my second surgery, and my BMs are MUCH better than they were pre-surgery. I didn't know it but I had stenosis from the Hemm surgery last year so I was straining like crazy to have a BM, but though it was just me not eating enough fiber/water. After my corrective surgery, my doctor told me my butt was tight as a drum and he regrets not suggesting surgery sooner because there's no way any of those creams/botox would've been any help. I only took 6 days off of work for the second surgery, b/c I am using my vacation days so I don't have to tell my boss that I am having butt problems. So I've been back at work for about a month now...it's pretty uncomfortable to sit in that chair, and I am frustrated because I really thought this would be 100% better by now. Anyway, I had a 4-quadrant strictutotomy, fissurotomy, and LIS, so I have a few wounds down there. None of them hurt much, just a small bit of irritation during BMs. I still get some swelling after BMs though, especially when I am sitting in that office chair. Good luck with the healing!
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby Scientist2516 » 21 Oct 2013, 07:35

Hi asdf, thanks for the good wishes for my recovery. I am better - I would say almost 100%. I was lucky - no LIS, just nitro, and it only took 4 months really. I thought it would never end, and I'm still in fear of a re-tear. But I count my blessings every day, knowing how much worse it could have been.
I am so grateful for this forum!
I wish you all the very best, and am hoping for recovery for you.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby SSK » 21 Oct 2013, 09:28

Hi asdf123456,

I read your post and it felt like it was my life flashing before me in the form of words. My misery started after an out of the blue constipation episode in June of 2012, just 3 months after my wedding. It was like one day I woke up and life as I knew it had been snatched from me.
I was embarrassed to see a doctor so I delayed going to one for a month and finally when I did go, I was told I had hemorrhoids. Wrong diagnosis. Condition deteriorated and after trying all ointments and whatnots I finally saw a Colo rectal surgeon in Jan of 2013. Come Feb and I was more than ready to go under the knife for LIS. Doctor admitted that he cuts conservatively and as a result within 4 months I tore open again. He said a second LIS would fix it nd so I had it again in June. Now here I am, 4 months later dealing with the same horrible throbbing pain again. All this while I went on disability from work for 3 months and today I found myself asking my boss and HR if I have more time to take off. I am finally seeing a new surgeon who come very highly recommended but I am mentally and emotionally too weak to even consider the possibility that some doctor can give me my life back. I have been suicidal, hysterical..you name it. My husband has been a rock by my side through all this and is the only reason I am still alive.
I wanted to share this with you, not to bring more negativity, but to let you know that you are not alone. I know that is not much of a consolation but for what it is worth, just know that there are people in the same boat as you are. I would encourage you to seek second, third even fourth opinions until you find someone you can trust and who knows what he is doing. I am doing the same and although I have no idea what awaits me, I want to do something rather than cry and yell all day long. It terrifies me to think that even if 2 LIS surgeries couldn't cure, what hope is there for me.
SSK
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby asdf123456 » 21 Oct 2013, 18:08

Wow SSK. I am so sorry for your troubles. Did the second LIS help at all and then you re-tore, or has it never fully healed? I am sorry for your pain. There are other surgeries, called advancement-flap procedures, that are reserved for cases when LIS doesn't heal, though I'm sure your new CRS will have plenty more input on them than I could provide. Also, there is hyperbaric therapy, and I was even considering finding some clinical trials (if they exist). Being an optimistic lab-rat for some white-coats sounds to me a lot better than my current state of hopelessness. Please keep me posted. Best of luck with everything, and please feel a little better knowing that I am with you on this, as are many others who visit this site.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby revma3 » 21 Oct 2013, 19:31

Sorry to hear about your two failed LIS SSK - hang in there! Asdf1234560 - I have an appointment at a private but well reknowed clinic for Hyperbaric Chamber therapy on Wednesday. It will be for me to speak with the team there and try and understand what can be done for me. It is very very expensive - but I am willing to sell my car to have this done - $190.00 a session x 20 sessions or so. If you look at my last chat with Igrik on this topic you will see it has made somewhat of a difference to him thus far. Will keep you updated and let you know how it goes. If you find anyone that wants to run a clinical trial, well I am in!
Hope your LIS recovery is progressing and fingers crossed you won't need anything else! Amazed you went back to work - dreading returning next week after 5 weeks off - mainly because I feel no better, and if anything surgical wound and fissure just the same!
revma3
Salt Bather

Postby asdf123456 » 22 Oct 2013, 19:05

Hi Revma...Wow $190 is steep, but I would sell my kidney to rid myself of this problem...Good luck with it and please keep us posted!
asdf123456
VIP

Postby revma3 » 23 Oct 2013, 13:13

I still don't know how to link a thread, but if you go to 'new to forum' and find subject Hyperbaric Chamber, you will see my updates so far! I start torrow - will update there going forward.
revma3
Salt Bather

Postby Vishal » 17 Jan 2018, 15:05

Hi Im new here. I know its been awhile since you posted but how are you now?
Vishal
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby OttawaMarc1234 » 17 Jan 2018, 23:20

Jan 17 2018

Misery tonight. Took all my meds before and after Big Poo...Metamucil...Nifedipine Cream and hot bath..zippo no relief. Just took a Tylenol. Use less suffering burning . How going sleep? Any amount of left over poo just irrates me to no end. Anal warts HPV dont help the situation either.

Winter miserable pain tonight...severe like 3 years ago. Horrible pain.

Had my biopsy on Tuesday...tried Masterbating this morning...horrible sharp pain...must be the stiches inside me pulling on the groin muscle?
Better stick to looking at Ugly people.

OttawaMarc :verysad:
OttawaMarc1234
Salt Bather

Topics: 10