Just had botox injections

Botox injections

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Just had botox injections

Postby Ever the Optimist » 09 Nov 2013, 03:45

Sugarspice,
A word of warning with Rye bread - For me it is much more diet friendly but as you are realising, introduce stuff gradually. I know when I switched from normal wholemeal to this, my gas levels increased a fair bit & this made me want to "go" more than previously. Now I have the balance right I don't have the issues.
I know you haven't taken to this - it is kind of different to get used to after the nice "softer" type breads! but it's good you have experimented anyway.....Whatever you do, don't forget your fluids. I've been a little lapse recently because you sometimes feel maybe you don't need to drink so much in cooler weather - Completely wrong, especially with all the heating on now dehydrating you further......I now have a phone ap which monitors my daily liquid intake & reminds me if I "forget" to drink regularly! I literally drink that much fluid, I need to pee most of the time, but my stools are so much better when I'm doing this:)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Flumbaps » 09 Nov 2013, 08:06

Hi there
I also had Botox this Wed, second lot, higher dose. I think this has relaxed things but I am also in a lot of pain after my second bm, pst surgery. I think the drugs are wearing off! The first bm was fine, just needed a tad more movicol. No pain. But this morning...boy! I am doubling the movicol and starting my soluble fibre mega diet to hopefully calm it down. I take my hat off to you coping well with young kids...my other half isn't very good at the chores and I find it hard to sit by and heal amidst the chaos...so I hoovered yesterday, hurts today! Bit scared that I ave hurt the op scar, don't think I tore fissure but ow, still sore!
Flumbaps
Fibre Addict

Postby sugarspice » 09 Nov 2013, 09:07

Oh poor you Flumbaps, I am very fortunate that my husband is very helpful but he gets so tired bless him working full-time as well, my problem is mainly the guilt!!! :-( The worst part is changing the little ones nappy, the kneeling is ok but it's the kneeling and leaning forward bit, she is too big to go on a raised changing mat as she rolls over too much! Thank you for your kind words and also your advice. I wish you the best of luck with the second lot of botox. How soon after the first lot did you get it?
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Jessiek » 10 Nov 2013, 03:29

Hi there,

I had Botox injections 3 days ago for my anal fissures and sphincter tightness. I think I also have anal stenosis and/or anismus. Nobody seems to be able to figure out what is wrong with me. So far I'm not feeling much from Botox except I'm constantly feeling like I have to have a bowel movement! I can't seem to empty and I feel sick from it all. It takes me a long time to go to the bathroom (up to 2 hours) but now I never feel like I'm done. I'm not sure what to do...good luck with yours and hope you feel better!

Jessie
Jessiek
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby sugarspice » 10 Nov 2013, 08:26

Oh Jessie, you poor poor thing. I think you need to go back and see your surgeon, did he/she say they saw you had a stenosis or anismus as well when they did the botox? I don't know anything about these but could that be what's causing your long bathroom time? How is your diet? I have gone from lots of insoluble fibre (bran, wholemeal bread etc) to soluble fibre (root veg, pears etc) and that is helping me to have soft stools.
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sugarspice » 10 Nov 2013, 08:33

Day 11

No BM

Day 12

08.50 - Slight pain going, mainly trying to pass the gas, no pull-up pain. Medium amount of burning pain afterwards (30%) which lasted for all day. BM started as a softer 4 than before (diet must be working!) then turned in to a 5/6..woo hoo. The only way I got rid of the burn (which annoyingly had me lying on my back again) was pain relief. Arggh I HATE the burn!! :gah:

I have a new name for my fissure (fissure sounds too nice) I have called it the PLF, the first two words are Persistant Little and if it helps at all, the F does not stand for Fissure!!!
Last edited by sugarspice on 10 Nov 2013, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby owmybum » 10 Nov 2013, 12:20

LOL..... I call mine freddy.... Like freddy cruger!!

Do you think the Botox has fully kicked in for you yet?? Do things feel looser?? Number???

I'm glad a tweak of your diet has resulted in better poos... Yay!!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby sugarspice » 10 Nov 2013, 13:48

I love Freddy that's great! :-)

Does botox take time to kick in? I didn't realise that, I thought it was affective right away. How long should it take?

The pain actually lasted all day! The painkillers muffled it slightly. Should I still be like this by day 12 do you think?

xx
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 10 Nov 2013, 13:59

Botox usually takes a few weeks to fully work. I don't recall feeling looser, numb or anything else like that. I just noticed the burning pain went away, and was substituted for a soreness that got less and less for every week.
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby sugarspice » 10 Nov 2013, 14:26

Me neither JHH. I still have 'the burn' sometimes though, like today for example it has lasted most of the day although it's more a 3/10 burn than a 10/10 burn as it was before the Op. Should I still be having the burning pain at Day 12, was your burning pain gone by then?
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist