Skin tags

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Skin tags

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2007, 19:30

Hi gang,
I know we talk a lot about skintags but I am wondering what everyone means by it. If you have a skin tag can you describe it to me?

Mine is a semi-hard swelling that gets bigger and smaller depending on its mood. I thought skin tags were just a piece of floppy skin like you might see under your arm or something. If you have one, would you mind describing it to me?

Re: Skin tags

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2007, 19:47

Lecia,
Mine is a semi-hard swelling that gets bigger and smaller depending on its mood.
That is mine to a tee. Mine is deflated now but when it gets irrtated it swells right up and rears its ugly head. My CRS won't remove it either. He said he does not want to cause anymore problems and there is no need to remove it.
Patty

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2007, 19:51

Thanks Patty-that is reassuring. My CRS is the same way but I can't imagine at this point it causing more problems removing it though!

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2007, 19:53

Well think of it this way another wound to heal another wound that could get infected. Right now I am gonna leave mine alone unless it really starts to bother me. I don't know what do you think??
Patty

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Dec 2007, 20:32

I have 2 skin tags - 12 and 6 position. When I have a fissure they double in size, redish in color and tender. When my fissure was gone they shrunk completely - maybe 3 -4 mm in length, normal tan color. Today when I was examined CRS told me that they usually appear with fissure, more so than with hemmies, so that I probably had fissures before but was lucky that they healed fast and I never knew I had them. I saw one video clip on the net with LIS procedure done and that surgeon did cut skin tag too. Little hole looked like NEW !!! I wonder why they do not do that also. My husband thinks that if I ever decide to do something about mine that we should look under aesthetic surgery sites because they would do that with lasers and there would not be any blood or scars because laser seals wound instantaneously. He got that idea because he saw on TV that aesthetic surgeons do reconstruct "down here " whatever bothers you, form labia that are too big to well - get your imagination going ; ).
XOXO
Last edited by Anonymous on 14 Dec 2007, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2007, 20:34

Yeah, that is what my CRS said. Plus I think it can stretch the skin too much trying to heal and you can get some tightening. But at some point I wonder when it is appropriate to try. I have been bothered by this for months-enough that even moving causes discomfort. I might get it taken off next month at my next appointment. I can at least be a guinea pig for the board and report back on my findings! :D

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2007, 20:38

I think we posted at the same time.
That is a good idea-maybe a plastic surgeon type doctor. Though then it wouldn't be covered by insurance probably. Yeah, I was surprised on Doctor 90210 at all the genital reconstruction. I started feeling like maybe my labial folds were too big and my breasts too small. Image
Bu really, if they can give a girl a penis and a guy a vagina then why not fashion me a nice cute anus>???-At least one that doesn't hurt!

Postby motherluch » 14 Dec 2007, 21:41

Fissulyna...Where was that video on the web?? I would really be interested in seeing that one??
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Dec 2007, 21:50

Yes, Lecia , I agree. If that skin tag is making you miserable, just "do it" ; ). No, insurance wont cover it, but as far as I know most aesthetic surgeons have nice credit plans and I don't think that one skin tag should be in 4 digit zone, or maybe I am too optimistic ; ). But, definitely laser would be the best way to go. Zero recovery time ! : )))
Mtherluch , I will try to find that video again, it was long time ago my husband discovered it when I had my first fissure and was considering LIS, but I am pretty sure I will find it again.
Oh, noooooo.. have to go potty : ((((...It will hurt like hell ....talk to you guys later...
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 17 Dec 2007, 11:09

My skin tag is just scar tissue. It doesn't change. My dr cut into it during my surgery. It was swolen for a little while but shrunk to normal as the incision helaed. The sweeling that my drs called a skin tag was actually an abscess. It grew and shrunk sporadically and was really sore. My drs tried to tell me that it was the skin tag, but a skin tag eventually did pop out and it has behaved very differently.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67