Skin tags

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Re: Skin tags

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2007, 18:07

All this skin tag talk , who would have thought?? Mine is ugly but it is here to stay until I establish care with a new surgeon. Although I don't know if I can do it anymore. They keep calling it a "little" piece of skin!! Yuck!! I wonder though will insurance pay for it though or not???

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2007, 18:34

Does yours hurt at all, Noelle?

Postby happyass » 20 Dec 2007, 21:12

we should put together a tv show proposal called 'extreme anal makeovers' and discuss botox, banding, fistulotomies, LISes, fissurectomies, anal bleaching, and dialitation and what else in the quest for the perfect anus.......and pain relief!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2007, 22:36

LoL you are funny happy...I would need a lot of work to make things look nice. I never really thought a lot about some these areas either Lecia until I watched that program to. I never realized until I saw the drawings-I was like wow I have never known that sort of thing existed. Women pay all that money to look better down there!!! As far as my little skin-it does hurt sometimes kind of tender. I have really been trying not to think about my pain-working on blocking it out-but it always seem to creep back up on me!

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2007, 09:12

Or maybe we can have a show called Pimp My @ss!

Postby SunshineHope » 28 Dec 2007, 21:08

I also have two - one on 12 and one on 6. The one on 12 doesn't really bug me anymore, I'm starting to wonder if it's actually a hemmy or something and not a skin tag because it's not very close to my anus, sort of north, and there's a little area beside it that feels painful. My one at 6 oclock is so big and so irritating. It's like a piece of skin that hangs down, kind of soft, kind of thin. It gets itchy pretty frequently...
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby bherna1 » 28 Dec 2007, 23:47

I also have two tags or flaps the doctor told me. One in the six and one on the 12 position. I was told that these tags form around fissures that have been there for a long time and it is a result of the body growing tissue around the fissure to protect the opening of the fissure. Its the bodys own way of keeping bacteria out of the fissure area. This was told to me by by GI. Very knowledgeable trust worthly guy.
My 2 cents
Mine hurt. I put a clear aloe oitment from CVS to keep the tissue from getting irrutated further.
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby bherna1 » 28 Dec 2007, 23:49

try to find a mirror and look and see if you see a white streak in the middle of the flap or tag. If you do it is a sign of infection. The fluid will build up and cause the flap to inflame and get larger. It will soon leak out with your stool. You will be able to see the fluid in your stool if it does leak.
My 2 cents
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby val » 29 Dec 2007, 08:13

Ye Bernard, thats just what mine looked like! It had a white line on the top and got big and inflamed when I first got the abcess-I didn't know that the two things were connected. You're very lucky to have such a knowledgable guy-we all need one-can we hire him out??!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 29 Dec 2007, 14:33

My outside hemmie is not getting any better : (. When and IF it goes away it will leave a BIG skin tag (grrrrrrr...). It is still leaking pinky stuff (mixture of blood and lymph ) and is driving me crazy. It is so sensitive, even aloe makes it burn - 0nly vaseline calms burning and itching. I will try to persuave my CRS to remove it completely. If I need to go through 2 more weeks of pain and than heal -so be it.
Can't wait January 3rd. when I can start doing something about it !!!
Thanks BERNARD for the info and what to look for ! Very important !

Best to all XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61