Skin tags

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Re: Skin tags

Postby Guest » 02 Jan 2008, 16:11

Thanks, Val! Yeah we might be going under at the same time. Maybe we'll meet each other in the ether then.

The pre-op is when you go in and do the paperwork and the doctor gives you more info, you meet with the anestesiologist and get labs done.

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Jan 2008, 16:27

GREAT news Lecia !!!! : )))) Did you like your new CRS ? : ) It is super that you will get rid of that " torture device" in your bum once and for all !!!! How you survived your trip - I hope you are not in the much of pain today ! I will have my app. tomorrow and I hope that it will be as productive as yours (sigh...).
Val, I did manage to have some fun for New Year - but if I didn't have persistent
husband it definitely wouldn't happen ! He made me go out around 9 pm to a restaurant with some music and it did distract me for my pain. I had to borrow some stuff from my younger daughter to wear (size 4), and put a ton of make-up to cover my puffy red eyes , but I managed to go out - I still can't believe it ! Restaurant had a bunch of free-floating balloons and we took couple and after midnight stood at the empty parking lot letting one by one float to the sky with each "holding" one wish . I hope the wishes are delivered, ha ha, and that soon they will be answered !!!
Bernard and Chris - Botox is still in its experimental phase of usage, that is why they can't still decide how to do it or even where to put needles. It is also very expensive and they try to save money different ways. One of CRS that I visited would open the vile only if 5 patient show up for treatment at the same hour !!!!! An than it would be like : bam -bam-bam- bam-bam - OK - you are done. I just said thank you very much and left never to return. Disclaimer that I had to sine was more scary than for LIS , so I decided to go for LIS AND different CRS. But, if that is the only option, one should try it - I guess : (.
Chris - try to find info on the net - look for medical papers and studies and read. You must stay ahead of the game, unfortunately, and you must know when is the time to change doctors.
Best to all !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby bherna1 » 02 Jan 2008, 18:48

Great news Lecia,
For my reference can you tell me how long do you have to be away from work or if you have to go on short term disability? I just started a new job and would hate to go on leave just when i started. I would appreciate any comments you may have to the time off from work required to heal?
Thanks in advance
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Jan 2008, 19:48

Bernard, if you have the LIS alone, you could be back at work in just a couple weeks. I was back at work after a week and a half, though my surgeon said 2-3 weeks recovery.
I believe Lecia's procedure is going to require about 6 weeks recovery time, twice as long as an LIS.
Deleted User 5

Postby bherna1 » 02 Jan 2008, 21:37

Thank you for the reply and info. Are you completely healed?
Best regards
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 03 Jan 2008, 05:50

Great news Lecia :)
Hopefully this year is your year and you will be healed from these awful butt problems.
You're a strong lady, and don't forget we're here too :)

Postby Guest » 03 Jan 2008, 09:40

Thanks you guys! I know I have a long way to go yet but in a way I am not as scared of my butt anymore. I've been driving, picking up things and I figure if I get another hemmie, well I am getting an operation next week. I still haven't been called with the date yet though.

This is a bit more complicated than a LIS so I am expecting it to take 6 weeks. I will have some time off of work but I work from home so I can keep pluggin away on my data on the laptop. I work part time so I don't get any benefits.

:dolphin:

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Jan 2008, 10:08

Yes, Bernard. I am completely healed! I did have a rough BM about a month ago and saw a little speck of blood on the TP, and had some discomfort. That only lasted a couple hours. But all year long (since Feb) I have been my old self and I would do the LIS again in a heartbeat...
Deleted User 5

Postby bherna1 » 03 Jan 2008, 10:57

good deal. thanks for the reply
bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 03 Jan 2008, 12:30

Benard,
Just my two cents, I'd go with the botox and insist on a higher dosage first. Since it is like a reversable LIS, I think you will have the benefit of seeing how a relaxed muscle reacts with you IBS. I feel like it is helping with the healing, even at the lower does. Like I said further up, while I feel no real difference, maybe even alittle tighter then the Nifedipine, I KNOW for a fact I should have ripped open the fissure a few times and it never did.
Just a word of experience to the board...Amamtiza is NOT a good drug for constipation. I gave in just to try it, bad idea...for me anyway. My stomach never felt right after taking it and my BM's were still hard. I was only taking one pill, but a second one would have killed my stomach.
Good luck on your surgery Lecia. If you haven'y already, I recommend you go to healthboards.com and search for hemmie surgery. There are ALOT of great stories and advice there. I wish you the best with the surgery!
Last edited by Guest on 05 Jan 2008, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.