Skin tags

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Re: Skin tags

Postby val » 01 Jan 2008, 15:52

Fis,
I love your dress, you look lovely! Are you dressed to go partying for the New Year?
Glad you're doing well after your op, if the tag or whatever doesn't hurt, that should be a good sign, don't you think? If it was infected then it would really hurt, so hopefully it will bugger off on its own and you will be fine!!
Good luck on thursday!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Jan 2008, 16:14

Hey Val XOXO,
Thank you for the compliment : ) - but I have to disappoint you - that was me last year when I was healthy and ready for "party time" ; ))) !!! My tags behave as long as I have compresses of chamomile tea and oak tincture on them , so I keep them between my "cheeks" non stop now. Can't wait Thursday !
Hope you had some fun last night ! I heard that whole Europe was celebrating like crazy !!!! Even more spectacles than 2000 celebration !!! Was it like that in England too?
BIG HUG Image
Last edited by Anonymous on 01 Jan 2008, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 01 Jan 2008, 16:19

bherna1 wrote:How was your botox procedure? Did it heal you up? I need to consider a long term method and i dont want to do the cutting of the muscle due to having IBS. My surgeon mention cutting someone's muscle who has IBS could increase chances of incontienance. Sorry for my missspellings.
Thanks
Bernard

Hey Bernard,
Its hard to tell with the botox. Honestly, I KNOW for certain that my anus was more relaxed and wider open when using the Nifedipine three times a day after use. Now with the botox, it maintains a smaller, but more constant , relaxed opening. So I guess I traded a larger, easier BM opening for a more constant relaxed muscle.
During my follow up visit, the Dr informed me he only used 100 units for the injections. Because I was just trying to take in all the information of the follow up, I didn't understand to be upset with him at the time. ALL the articles I read stated that the use of 200 units or more is ideal. Believe me, he's getting a piece of my mind on this one at the next appointment. He was also alittle sloppy with my biopsy results as well.
I can also say that I've had hard BM's that I swore were going to rip open my fissure since the botox, and they never did. As far as how my butt feels....the same, no change there, so botox didn't make it feel any better, but the Dr. did tell me that before the shots.

Postby bherna1 » 01 Jan 2008, 22:02

Thanks for you quick reply. I appreicate your insite about the botox. Man i am really torn. I heard the same story from another person here on message board. The surgeon did suggest 300 units. I thought that was over kill. Maybe not. I am going to have to do something real quick here because it will be back to the grid in about a month at work...oh..boy. My surgeon doesnt like the botox option. He doesnt feel it will heal me. He likes going for the knife and me taking the gamble of wearing a diaper due to IBS.
Thanks again
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby buttgirl » 02 Jan 2008, 10:33

Wow! that's a gamble. I had good results from the botox. it relaxed my rear just enough to allow me to heal a stubborn portion of the surgery cut. It's also reversible. The shot wears off in 2-3 mos. when I got it i figured that I could always get LIS after botox if it didn't work.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 02 Jan 2008, 11:50

Thats a horrible choice to be faced with, Bernard-did he say by how much it increased the chances of incontinence? Apparently, the risk is only slight anyway, well thats what my surgeon said-he could be not telling me the truth!
So if the risk for a person without IBS is say 3%, even if you had double that risk, its still quite a low statistic. It frightens the life out of me too, which is why I never wanted the surgery, but I've got no choice now-it will never go away on its own.
Fissy, I'm not sure what everyone was doing in England at new year-I was laid out on the sofa, depressed because we couldn't go out because of my rear end!!!
Perhaps you could start a new trend of chamomile tea-bags being the in-thing for bottoms to be wearing this year! They gotta be more comfy than thongs, anyway LOL!
Did anyone manage to party and actually enjoy New Year?
val
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 02 Jan 2008, 12:04

I did. I think my rear is a little the worse for it. It seems that alcohol and spicy foods have started stinging the ole behind. don't think I retore much, but inflammation in the area makes things hard to heal. Dang gone arse of mine.--still, I'd prefer soreness now to having stayed home the new year. I got to try fois gras, drink champagne and forget about this pain in the rear for a few hours. I just hope I haven't damaged anything--couldn't be worse than the dr though!!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 02 Jan 2008, 13:13

I just got back from Atlanta and am going to do the surgery. I have to go in for preop next week. I don't know which day yet they are supposed to call me. She did say it could be a 6 week recovery which with my background that it would probably be like that with me. But if I don't do it I am still in pain for 6 weeks or more. I am very scared but I also have to take a chance that this will give me a more reasonable life.

Too bad I can't just get a boob job while I am there too! (j/K) Image

Postby Guest » 02 Jan 2008, 13:18

Oh and Bernard, I am with Val. I think that the chances are so low that you wouldn't really have any long term problems with incontinence but I understand the reluctance. The fear of the unknown can be quite daunting. The pain that you live with at least you know what it is like. But at some point it might be something to consider. The botox sounds like a good happy medium.

I don't know why they would give you a substandard dose, Chris. That makes no sense considering you have no potential risks like Bernard. Gosh, this doctor must have you so peeved. First he doesn't do the operation and then he only gives you a small amount of botox that you can't really judge its effectiveness.

Postby val » 02 Jan 2008, 14:13

Lecia,
that's great news you're getting the surgery! What's a per-op? Will they actually do the op next week? We'll be going for surgery about the same time if they do!
I know how scared you must feel, I'm terrified too, but this has got to be the solution in the long term, hopefully, this will be the last hurdle for you and then you'll be free of problems , I truly, sincerely hope so. Keep smiling!
val
King Fissure