Spasms/flutter/twitch after LIS 12/21/17

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Spasms/flutter/twitch after LIS 12/21/17

Postby Hopefull123 » 08 Jan 2018, 13:39

Yes, I also take these supplement, but I try to take vitamin E through a natural food for better absorption and I have ordered wheat germ oil. This vitamin is very important for skin elasticity. Boy, with this diet of ours and supplement, soon we will be flourishing with health, looking like supermodels lol.
In the beginning I thought I had hormonal imbalance and my estrogen was higher, so I ordered projesteron cream, and boy, did that mess me up. I started having nightsweats and headaches, so realized this is not the cause for my anxiety and frequent urination. After so many tries to find out the reasons I finally pinpointed and saw the patterns after my fissure started to heal. I am so much calmer now knowing exactly what's happening and having experienced the improvement if I stick to the diet I came up with after many many trial and errors.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Checkdis » 08 Jan 2018, 13:58

Hopefull123 wrote:Yes, I also take these supplement, but I try to take vitamin E through a natural food for better absorption and I have ordered wheat germ oil. This vitamin is very important for skin elasticity. Boy, with this diet of ours and supplement, soon we will be flourishing with health, looking like supermodels lol.
In the beginning I thought I had hormonal imbalance and my estrogen was higher, so I ordered projesteron cream, and boy, did that mess me up. I started having nightsweats and headaches, so realized this is not the cause for my anxiety and frequent urination. After so many tries to find out the reasons I finally pinpointed and saw the patterns after my fissure started to heal. I am so much calmer now knowing exactly what's happening and having experienced the improvement if I stick to the diet I came up with after many many trial and errors.

Exactly lol, what complicated my fissure was I used to be in body building and the heavy lifting with high protein diet killed my BM’s. As a result, it gave me this nasty fissure. My doctor originally had me on Clomiphene Citrate to help regulate my endocrine system. But ever since the hormone replacement therapy I have just been a mess. I am starting to get some traction and feeling well again going back to work rather than working from home. I will definitely look into a natural Vitamin E that absorbs easier in the body, thanks for the information. I have pretty much exhausted all options with my OAB issue, and it seems I am in the same boat as you with the fissure causing the frequency.

To get an idea where I was back in April 2017, I weighed 245lb, then with all this chaos I dropped down to 196lb. Now i’m back up to 220lb, but this is from a poor diet with anxiety plus medication (SSRI’s which i’m off now). This was a reality check for me, I am now taking up running with eating healthy foods and staying away from natural diuretics like caffeine. Also I do not drink alcohol anymore, I was more the social drinker, never abused. But I do miss my beers once and a while, especially during the fall and winter.
Checkdis
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Hopefull123 » 08 Jan 2018, 18:20

I just wanted to mention in case it may be helpful to anyone. Glucosamine and L-arginine restore the bladder lining. L-Glutamine restores the intestinal lining and heals ulcers. Fissures are indeed ulcers, so take at least 2 grams per day. Biofilm defense and Monolaurin break down the protective shell of the bad bacteria no matter where it is in your body, so your system can kill them. That applies to bacteria on the bladder, intestines, sinuses, etc. Make sure to take antimicrobal supplement 1 hour after taking the biofilm defence so the bacteria is
killed.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Checkdis » 08 Jan 2018, 21:10

That is good to know, I will keep that in mind, thank you.

Question, how should the area look after LIS? I took a photo today, and I could clearly see the wound. There was no discharge and the area didn’t seem red, also there is no bleeding. But should I be able to see the wound? Whatever this is, it almost looked like a fissure or where the incision was made for the LIS. It is basically like a cut right on the rectum. But I do not remember seeing that there before the surgery?
Checkdis
Salt Bather

Postby Grasscutter » 22 Jan 2018, 17:26

Checkdis
Was very well interested to read your history. All last year I was following a high protein, low carb regime with exercise and weights. I also had a whey protein drink everyday for breakfast. It wrecked my digestion and started to get my rectal problems with what I think is a fissure in September. I stopped the protein drinks and the diet in aoctober and n the hope this would stop the problem. Unfortunately it has worsened. I thought I was the only one, but it would appear you have suffered the same!
Grasscutter
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Checkdis » 22 Jan 2018, 18:01

Grasscutter wrote:Checkdis
Was very well interested to read your history. All last year I was following a high protein, low carb regime with exercise and weights. I also had a whey protein drink everyday for breakfast. It wrecked my digestion and started to get my rectal problems with what I think is a fissure in September. I stopped the protein drinks and the diet in aoctober and n the hope this would stop the problem. Unfortunately it has worsened. I thought I was the only one, but it would appear you have suffered the same!

I’m sorry to hear you went through this terrible curse. With protein, it is very important to take milk thistle and drink gallons of water. I was on a 200g protein regime, and I never really cycled creatine. I did take my BCAA’s without caffeine. Long story short, it doesn’t matter how well you prep, any high amount of unnatural compounds of any sorts will disrupt the endocrine system, and in the end the digestive system.

I have been to an endocrinologist and will be considering TRT very soon since my TT is around 240 which is terrible for my age. With such a low level of testosterone amplifies the anxiety of all my symptoms which hinders the healing process. I have been through hell with the power lifting/body building, so compared to what I have taken you will have an easy recovery.

I am about 6 weeks post LIS surgery and all I can say, is the pain is worth it. I am just about healed with no bleeding. The spasms are just about gone (twitching/flutters). The downside is I gained an abscess which eventually pushed it’s way out I think. What I did was bought hydrogenperoxide and poured it into a mist bottle/spray and I apply that to my rectum every time I have a BM after cleaning it carefully of course.

But feel free to ask me anything, I am here to stay for a bit and answer and provide updates. Even if they are crazy and graphic. I’m pretty much an open book now as well as everyone else here on this forum.

So what helped me was I ended up taking probiotics religiously with milk thistle while stopping everything. I stopped all greasy foods. No more cheat meals, meaning no McGains, no fries, cookies to up your caloric intake. Eat to comfort, increase the fiber with BeneFiber 3 times a day. Drink only water or lemon water nothing else, to comfort. DO NOT self medicate, do not be your own doctor and trust your doctors. And if something doesn’t feel right to you get a second opinion. Keep searching for the right doctor which will listen to you.

I do take Amitriptyine 50mg everyday before bed. This helps me with anxiety, my bladder, and sleep. It is a lot better than any SSRI and Benzodiazepines which is addictive and should only be prescribed as a last resort, anyone can agree with me on that.
Checkdis
Salt Bather