starting again?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: starting again?

Postby Guest » 29 Nov 2007, 12:32

Does anyone but me love Salt and Vinegar chips?
I love those but you should see how puffed up I get from the sodium afterwards!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Nov 2007, 13:51

Heck yeah, co-mod! I like salt and vinegar, I could eat a large bag at one sitting!
Happy Holydays to you, too... Image
Deleted User 5

Postby motherluch » 29 Nov 2007, 17:15

Speaking of potato chips...they are ok to eat aren't they?? They wouldn't harm a fissure would they, because that is basically the only real junk food I eat every day with my lunch, and I would be really bummed if I had to give up my Lay's Potato chips!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Nov 2007, 17:33

I would chew them up *well* if I ate them. Chew them into a paste. I have known of other AF sufferers who swore they could stay crisp and do damage as the slide by the fissure. I still have a hard time seeing how they could...especially the thin lays, as they almost seem to get soft as soon as I put them in my mouth.
I doubt they do much to improve the consistency of your stools, though, another reason to try and avoid them and all junk foods!
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 29 Nov 2007, 17:34

i think some people have concerns about potato chips hurting the fissure on the way out - same with nuts or tortilla chips or anything with jagged hard edges. Make sure you chew them up really well before swallowing! Other than that, junk food in general can be bad for a fissure diet, but as long as you're not having constipation problems it's probably okay.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby juney » 29 Nov 2007, 17:34

ahh kim and i replied at the same time. great minds think alike! Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Nov 2007, 17:39

I think I beat you by one minute, but you're still a genius in my book!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 29 Nov 2007, 18:11

Yeah, I don't eat chips anymore and generally don't recommend that they be eaten with someone who has an active fissure but if they aren't bothering you then I don't see why you can't enjoy them in moderation.

Postby buttgirl » 30 Nov 2007, 11:14

Lecia, I LOVE salt and vinegar chips. I have been trying the cracked pepper and sea salt ones lately too. those are yummy. (by lately i mean I've had a few handfuls over thepast few months.)
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 30 Nov 2007, 11:39

I am so gross-you know what I do? I suck all the salt and vinegar off the chip before I chew it up!

The cracked pepper ones sound yummy too. But I have been known to go through a hole tube of just regular old pringles!