starting again?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

starting again?

Postby val » 27 Nov 2007, 05:17

After re-injuring the fissure last week, I'm still in pain, but its managable. Does this mean that the past 6 months don't really count for anything and it will take a year from now to heal properly, or could it still be just the 6 months. I realize that its just approximate anyway, but I just wondered if I had to basically start from scratch again. AHHRGHHHH! This is SOOOO frustrating! I thought it had almost healed! Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Re: starting again?

Postby happyass » 27 Nov 2007, 07:00

well i think the important thing to acknowledge is the time that you had that you felt was a healing time - six months.
this may indicate that the next healing period could be longer and your body is getting better at healing your fissure.
remember there is a little fissure mambo-tango that is going to take place while you are healing. you may have a week at first of feeling great and then wooops, the fissure takes the lead. then it may be a few weeks or a few months of pain freedom, and then the fissure says 'my turn'. and then it will be longer where you are making even more progress.
but please don't be discouraged.
take everything you learned and apply it to double your pain free healing time!
you go girl!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Nov 2007, 07:12

Don't get too stressed Val, it can actually heal in 6-8weeks (primary healing, anyway) so you may not have been set back too far.
You say your pain is manageable, is it getting better and better since the retear?
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 27 Nov 2007, 11:15

Even small retears can feel huge. whenever I had one, it took me about two weeks to feel like i was on the healing path again.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby juney » 27 Nov 2007, 15:50

from my experience, there's no straight answer when it comes to healing...everyone is so different i think it's impossible to give an estimation of how long it will take a fissure to heal. try to deal with it day by day and don't get discouraged counting the weeks or months that go by otherwise you'll end up feeling hopeless.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Nov 2007, 16:30

Juney wrote:
everyone is so different I think it's impossible to give an estimation of how long it will take a fissure to heal.

That is dead-on, spotless and perfect advice, Juney!!
I also think that if anyone has made it to the stage of logging onto this board and seeking help, they are among those of us who's fissure just is NOT going to heal in a straightforward, timely manner...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 27 Nov 2007, 17:04

And keep in mind that people do heal. We just don't hear about it as much because most of us here are here because we are still in pain.

Postby Guest » 27 Nov 2007, 19:16

I stopped counting the days and months, Just let your body do its' thing. I have notice that I feel better because I have been getting more rest. I go to bed between 9 and 10. I think that helps and I also take a nap on the weekends. Your body needs rest (sleep) this will help the healing process.
Patty

Postby val » 28 Nov 2007, 11:39

Thanks guys!You're the best!
I just posted another link that its getting worse and feels different, and I'm wondering what the heck is going on now! Wouldn't it be so much easier to deal with another part of the body, I'd so much rather have to deal with pain anywhere but "down there"!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 28 Nov 2007, 11:53

I know how you feel.
As I mentioned before I have an underlying neuropathic problem that causes pain in the rectum. If I put my finger right where it hurts on the side of the anus and apply pressure it will take the pain away while the pressure is applied. I had to laugh outloud when I thought, "too bad I can't just walk around with my finger in my butt!"